Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Puerto Pollensa is an ideal resort for families with young children but we love it even though our kids are grown up. Never stayed at Duquesa but the Flora can't be bettered for location - it's only one block back from the beach and only about five minutes walk from The Square around which loads of restaurants are located. There are some restaurants across the road from Flora also and you can also eat at Flora itself. We stayed there in 2004 and found everyone really friendly, the apartments clean and comfortable if a little 'old fashioned' decor wise. The pool was kept spotless and the sunbeds chained up till about 9am so no mad rush to put towels out at the crack of dawn. I hope you get some feedback about the Duquesa so you can compare but I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy Flora. Be warned - Puerto Pollensa is addictive and once you've been you'll keep wanting to go back.
As easylife said the location of the Flora is great. We actually stayed there on our first trip in 1988 (!), I'm sure it's been done up since then but we've been going to the resort ever since. When we went our eldest was 2 1/2 & I was pregnant with the youngest. The resort was ideal for a child that age. My sister has just been with her 2 year old & can't wait to return. You're a short walk from a lovely beach & with plenty of cafes etc. so you can sit in a cafe whilst your toddler digs up the sand.

There's a briiliant article that sums the resort up perfectly here http://www.sundayherald.com/21762 written in 2002 but sums it up perfectly.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.