Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
loads of resturants around the main square....best for us was cafe centric.the best mussels ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!1.....also great value and food in tots just 2 mins walk away....you will be spoiled for choice
The best value and quality we found was at Tango. It's just off the main square - you can't miss it!
I'm off there myself in August and Tango's seems to appear in all the reviews I've read so I shall definately be trying that one out :D
Tango is our favourite restaurant in PP. They get really busy though so you might want to get there before 6.30 to avoid being disapointed. There is also a Japanese reastaurant just off the pine walk which is a great experience as you watch the chef cook doing some very fancy stuff with the ingredience and knives! Also right at the end of the pine walk just off it there is an Italian with the best pizza i have ever tasted.

Have a great time.

Sally
Forgeot to mention a better site is http://www.puertopollensa.com is a better site. It has a forum and maps with all the reastaurants pin pointed on them.

Sally
Thanks for the info salhal :D
Hi,

That is the website i meant, its also the one i have got a map of.

Can anyone with any knowledge of puerto pollensa please tell me what grid references good restaurants are in.

it would be a big help
Hi,

if you look at the map of central PP
http://www.puertopollensa.com/maps/central.html the main square is in Grid Ref F5 - restaurants such as Tango are down one of the side streets off it & there are several in the square. We tried a new one last week 'Os Cachelos' or Casa Galega which has tables outside near the Church & the restaurant is on the corner of the square. It had an excellent set menu for 14.40 euros You can find other restaurants on http://www.puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html & these all have a map at the bottom of their page. if you want to know where a specific one is, just ask. Once you arrive & wonder round the central area, you'll find most places quite easily.
Hi,

Pollensa thanks for the info.

I hoped that you would reply to this post. you seems a very knowledgeable person about puerto pollensa.

I am going here in April with my gf and 2 year old daughter and my parents. We are staying in the Don Miguel apartments not great i believe but hey we only want to sleep there.

Can you tell me if there are any decent restaurants or a hotel with a kids disco in this area of pollensa. and point out the grid reference for these places. Please.

I have been to puerto pollensa in 02 but we thought when we were there that the town ended at the port and we never went near the Pine Walk area.

so any places you can recommend near here would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there,

I'll do my best but you can also try posting to the forum that is attached to the puertopollensa.com website.

Looking at the map the Don Miguel seems to be not far from the Pollensa Park hotel which I know is a family hotel & so may have a children's disco but to be honest I think a 2 year old will be happy just digging up the sand or playing in the Main Square - mine were & my sister who stayed there recently found the same.

If you walk along the front in the evening - beyond the Marina is where it all starts! - you will be amazed by how much more there as. Look at the overall map of the bay & you will see that you can walk as far as the Illa d'Or hotel at the end of the Pine Walk. The whole area beyond the Marina is pedestrianised so you can sit at a cafe whilst the little ones are on the beach. There are street entertainers & fantastic sand sculptures.

In the square & down the side streets there are restaurants such as Tango but so many others that really you just need to walk from your hotel along the front beyond the Marina a little way & then turn left to find the square. Try & get hold of an excellent magazine called 'Holiday in Puerto Pollensa' - see http://www.puertopollensa.com/hipp They may have it at the tourist office - on the front by the Marina & taxi rank or if not Port Publications now have an office just off the square (go down the street by restaurant La Piazza & the office is on the right on the corner)

I hope the above helps but I think if you do a little wandering when you first arrive, you will find loads of great places.

Have a wonderful time - Puerto Pollensa really is a perfect family resort!
best restaurants in pto pollenca

try

galeon (on main rd to alcudia near hobby club appts)
tribeca (on road to formentor past daina parallel to the beach)
Tiberi (main square, fantastic food)
Trio (far end of resort next to flora appts - amazing value)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.