Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
While the main square has some restaurants and a couple of bars and is a very nice place, it is wrong to say that all the bars and restaurants are there. The main promenade has more restaurants, while there are bars (and more restaurants) dotted around all over the place.

As for things for children. Around the main square, well no, not really except for the impromptu games of football. To be honest, Pto Pollensa does not have a huge amount of stuff for kids apart from hotels' clubs and the beach.
We visited PP last year with our 2 children 10 and 4. PP is a lovely place as the previous poster said with lots of restaurants and bars. On the pine walk their are stalls, artists who will paint your portrait and an entertainer - doing usual children jokes, balloons etc... There is a arcade on the front with slot machines, air hockey etc.. At night on the beach the locals come and do the sand sculptures which are amazing. In the main square where the church is , the children can wonder freely, play football etc whilst you have a drink, meal etc... You can also go into any hotel and watch the nightly entertainment (for the price of a drink)

Enjoy it.. I would also suggest you have a trip to the beachs at Cala st. Vicente - They are sand/pebbly beaches but the water is crystal clear. The snorkelling is out of this world - my 2 children even swam with an octopus. (You will need water/beach shoes)
Hi,

Can i just ask...last year we were in Ibiza and a lot of the bars had outdoor stuff for the kids, bungee jumping,trampolines,electric cars etc and we could sit and watch them while having a drink.

Is there any of this in puerto pollensa?
Not that I'm aware of. Alcudia's marina and main promenade, which is much wider, has this type of entertainment though it is not associated with bars as such, but Pto P doesn't really have the space.

Just want to add. My previous comment, now I look at it again, sounded rather negative. It wan't intended to be. Pto P is a great family resort, like New One points out. And is very safe for kids to be and about in.
We didn't see any play stuff like that in Puerto Pollensa. They had all that sort of stuff in bars when we went to Playa den Bossa when our daughter was a toddler. The children enjoyed themselves in PP anyway. Playground and and bit of entertainment in the apartments, then there are street entertainers, stalls and artists along the Pine Walk. We used to have a drink on the seafront and keep an eye on the youngest who was happy running around on the beach with others or feeding the fish, looking at the boats. Staff in the restaurants seemed to love children and a couple of times our boy "helped out" by handing out menus or "taking orders" on a little pad they gave him. The children enjoyed the main square because they could run around safely - it being traffic-free, but also there was some sort of festival when we were there with music and dancing, street stalls and fireworks. Nice ice cream place by the main roundabout which was very popular with our two.
You would need to go to Alcudia ( :? Not really me scene) for those type of things. There is a waterpark in Alcudia that was good. Not too many slides and because of this there was an absence of young lads on their first holiday alone (IYSWIM)

what hotel/apartments are you staying in. Perhaps someone could let you know what facilities there are on complex.

PP is a quiet family resort, its night life centres around the bars and restaurants. Entertainment such as shows is in the hotels mainly.
Thanks for that everyone, I'm sure we'll have a great time. :D
thanks for the quick replys guys :D

luckily (I think) our accomodation is club del sol which is sort off in the middle of nowhere between PP and alcudia so we will have the best of both worlds I think...

can't wait,roll on August, thanks again!!
We are going the Aparthotel Duva in PP tomorrow morning, and are throwing a last chance question? I can not find much information on this accomodation within the forums! Does anybody know it? :roll:

All advise greatly received 8) 8) 8)
Hi,

We have just returned from Habitat Apts, which is combined with Ha Duva.

Very good basic accommodation. Very clean and well looked after. (Self catering) I did go into the Duva a few times on the nights and found the entertainment a bit embarrassing.

On our last night, some local kids came in and tipped a large wheeley bin into the pool. Not nice and the pool had to be quarantined for a while even after the rubbish was cleared out. Apart from that, a lovely place. (The Police did get the kids so it should be quiet now).

Don't go to the Cafe Rosa or whatever, on the main roundabout. Rip off city. Twelve euros for a crappy meal. We had delays going there and arrived late, so were at the mercy of what was available.

In PP, can recommend most of the rests. on the sea front. Simbads, fish stew was fabulous. The Tapas bar at the front or near to the Hotel Daina was brill. If you like English, go to Mollies in one of the alley ways back off the front. Very good value for money. Opposite, is Tots, a smashing little rest. which does a half size dish of either Lasagna or Spag Bol. for 3 Euros. Very good values for money and although it was a half portion, believe me, there was plenty for the price.

Market Square on a night was very good. The Ivy Garden was superb, although a little 'modern' in terms of food presentation. Not a huge amount but superbly prepared and served.

Only another 4 weeks and we're back again. I can't wait.

Have a good time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.