Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi

I have never been to Puerto Santiago but we do spend every christmas and new year in Tenerife, normally Costa Adeje or Chayofa. I wouldn't spend it anywhere elese, it's brilliant

Regards Jackie
Playa De La Arena is the nearest beach for us. I don't know this part of Tenerife at all. We've only been to Americas and I didnt really like that, I'm hoping where we are going will be a nice friendly atmosphere and a pretty area.

Maybe we would need to go somewhere slightly busier next year, will have to wait and see how it goes this year.

It will be great to 'escape' everything back home!!!!!!
Puerto Santiago / Playa de La Arena is a really nice laid back small resort.
There are quite a few nice restaurants and bars but it is nowhere near as large or noisy as PDLA. If you don't mind walking(or taking a taxi ) the resort of Los Gigantes is just a few minutes away with a few more shops, bars and restaurants. I really like this area in Tenerife and wish I could spend next Christmas there.
Thats reassuring thanks Judith. We want to unwind and just get a bit of warmth really. As long as we have places to eat and go out for a drink that will do us.

I can't wait! :D
Went there 3 years ago at Christmas very nice.You will enjoy it :lol:
On reading some reviews the restaurants sound nicer in Puerto Santiago than at Gigantes is this true? Also - stupid question but do you pronounce Gigantes with hard G's or soft one, i.e hard as in 'Golf' or soft as in 'Giant' ?

I'm unsure how to pronounce this, Id never heard of it until recently!!

Sorry!!! :oops:
I don't speak spanish myself but I think the correct pronunciation is a somewhat raspy H, I've noticed most non-spanish speaking people use hard G as in Golf as it takes a bit of practice to get it right.
We spent last Xmas & new year in Costa Adeje and can highly recommend it. The best thing was the weather (23 to 26 degrees most days) and being away from the over commercailsed UK. You will love it!!
We regularly visit Los Gigantes and Puerto Santiago, and there are great restaurants in both, the main advantage that Los Gigantes has is that there are quite a few which overlook the Marina. There are also quite a few on the way up the hill and beside the main square and church, so plenty to chooses from. Puerto Santiago is fine too, although I must admit that most of the restaurants we ate at there were beside the Barcelo Santiago and Tamaimo Tropical, and not so aware of those elsewhere in P Santiago
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.