Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
They definatley need to sort out their scales!!!

Going out one bag was 20kg, the other 22kg (had 23kg per bag max!!) We did not bring anything extra home and probably lost about 6-8kg in toiletries and lotions but the 20kg bag came in at 21kg and the 22kg at 23.5kg :que I too had read about this "problem"
emmarushuk,

Were the scales on 0.00 kg before you put your luggage on them? It's a good tip to always make sure they are reading 0.00 kg before you put your luggage on them then if there are any problems, you can bring it to their attention. If they were zeroed and they were over-weighing by that amount (~15% by your figures) , i'd put it in writing and send it to FCA or the airline / tour operator you were travelling with because that's obtaining money by deception (if they then go on to charge you excess baggage). Unless they are aware of the problem, nothing will be done.

Darren
Tip say you will pay But ask for a receipt, Bet you dont have to pay. :D
Luckily we had 23kg allowance each so there was nothing to pay. I am just mystified as to how they weighed more coming home with less in. :que
The poster on the other forum was asked for $180 when she complained they dropped it to$100 they said she was 8kgs over.And no Thomsons Rep in sight to help sort out the mess.
Darren maybe check nobody has their foot on the scales.
The scales can still read zero and be out (used to help at WW) unless they are properly calibrated the final weight can be drastically out. There were plenty of reps (FC anyway as that's who we flew with)
Thomson and First Choice should be aware of this, quite a few customers have put it in their questionaires this summer re: PUJ, it is a wide problem amongst foreign airports with Egypt the worst offenders.

Each time I have been to Punta Cana with work, my case has been virtually spot on weight wise as they do not get to claim any charges from me, I think it may be a foot on scale issue. Definately write into Thomson- The reps in the North (Puerto Plata) seem to hover behind the check in desks, I think after problems like this occured. Maybe Punta Cana need the same supervision.

I know Sainsbury and Tesco sell portable scales, that are small enough to put in your handluggage- just hold the scale and put the bag on underneath- bit tricky if it is heavy or your not the strongest person on the block but should shame them into acknowledging that their scales are faulty.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.