Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
punta del mar
7 Posts
Cod head,

Its definately the same place. The Punta Del Mar is one of a chain of hotels owned by the D'Or Hotel group. I'm staying there later this year and found the cheapest site to book through was travelrepublic.com using the promotional code 'getsomesun'. See the link here for confirmation on the official site http://www.dorhoteles.com/hotel/default.aspx?CodMant=11
Hi Cod Head

D'Or Hotels own 2 hotels in Santa Ponsa - the Punta del Mar and the Jardin del Playa - they are both located at the Costa de la Calma end of Santa Ponsa.

Have had a look around the Punta del Mar and the sun terrace and views are absolutely stunning, have walked past the Jardin del Playa many times but have never been in.

Both are near the Square - the Jardin del Playa is the nearest.

We are off to SP again for the first two weeks in June - cant wait :sun2

Looking foward to sitting in the Square outside The Crown sipping an ice cold Magners - bliss!!

Any questions just ask.

Carmel :wave:
Hi Carmel

Apologies for going slightly off topic. Me and my fiancee have booked to go to santa ponsa for 2 weeks in mid june. We have never been to santa ponsa before but are both really looking forward to it.

We are staying down the other end of the resort i beleive in the delfin siesta mar. Can you tell me how far the square is away from here? I have seen maps and realise that they are at opposite ends of the resort but was just wondering how big the resort is and how long it would take to walk to the square?

We both like to frequent the pubs in the evening but dont mind a bit of a walk to get there .

Many thanks

Swanseajack
Hi Swansea Jack

I know where the Siesta Mar is in SP - you are still near loads of bars just not that near to the Square.

Your nearest bar is probable the Rovers Return - we have had many a good night in there!! There have entertainment on every night. You are about 10 minutes from the Irish Quarter - loads of bars and restaurants there.

The Square will be about a 20/25 minute stroll from where you will be. There is a taxi rank right by the Square and they are very cheap - should be around 5 euros back to your hotel. Dont know what entertainment will be in the the Square this year - previous years have seen Rod Stewart, Temptations, Abba, Robbie Williams, Westlife, Lord of the Dance etc etc You can sit outside many of the umpteen bars there and watch the show and then when the outside entertainment ebds many of the bars have entertainment inside. The Caledonian has live entertainment every night, Shananigans has karaoke and The Crown sometimes has a Quiz Night.

Santa Ponsa is not a massive resort and its very easily walkable. There are loads of bars and restaurants to choose from.

Have a look at http://www.santaponsascene.com and download the magazine to see whats going on - just click on the green picture of the magazine. This is the winter edition but after about April they produce one every month.

Hope this helps.

Carmel :sun2
Many thanks for all of that carmel, it is much appreciated.

Yeah have been on the santaponsa scene website. In fairness it is very good and has only made me more impatient to get out there.

Am really confident that we have made the correct and will hopefully have a great holiday.

cheers again
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.