Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Warren,

As mentioned, Qatar wouldn't have accepted the booking or offered the connection unless it was possible. It is very tight though and I wouldn't have opted for a connection as tight as that personally. If you do miss it, as Qatar accepted your booking, it'll be their responsibility should you miss the flight with a late arrival and they'll automatically put you on the next available flight, along with your luggage. It's unlikely they'll hold a flight for a small number of passengers, but it has been known. Once you land in Doha, you'll have to go straight to your next departure gate, no looking in duty free! How long of a connection have you got on your return flight? Flights coming out of Male can easily become delayed due to arriving aircraft as there's no parallel taxiway in Male. I've missed connections coming home from the Maldives and ended up having an evening in Dubai (complimentary of Emirates!) because of it.

Darren
To be honest i am not worried about the return flight.

Just checked the flight out of Heathrow today and again its almost an hour late departing.

15:05 QR004 DOHA TAXIED AIRBOURNE 15.58

This is happening almost every day and am amazed Qatar are allowing this regular delay.
Warren it arrived again today at 00.11 as a regular Qatar Airways flyer over the past 14 yrs I have Sat on an aircraft on more than one occasion waiting for connecting passengers as explained they would not take the booking if the connection was not possible. If you are really worried contact Qatar and ask if they can change your onward flight to Male just make sure that Qatar have another flight on that day. On the on time departure Qatar are no worse or better than 99% of Airlines.
Warren if you are really worried contact Qatar and see if they will transfer you to QR674 this leaves Qatar at 07.40 which will mean some 7hrs in Hamad Airport.
Qatar fly modern A330-200 aircraft which are very nice, sometime A300's.
fnufui wrote:
sometime A300's.

They haven't flown A300's for a number of years in passenger configuration.

Darren
I have just done a round trip on the new A350 Qatar Airways and have to say it is in my opinion 100% more comfortable than the trip I did on the Dreamliner.
Just a quick heads up Qatar have started checking cabin baggage, removing any oversize and tagging it for the hold. I saw this in Hamad Int last week and on my return from Dubai and a Business colleague told me they did the same on his flight Doha- Madrid . I don't know if they have started yet in the UK but it was 1 item per pax.
Anyone used Qatar transit accommodation package, what hotels do they use and anything to be aware of
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.