Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
QE2
36 Posts
I sailed to NY on the QE2 on my birthday last April and had a birthday cake and the waiters msang "Happy Birthday". At Christmas, everyone gets a present so to date I have two Sailing again for a month 18th July but no celebration this time. Enjoy your cruise, Flying Celt. It's a great ship.
Hi, anybody on this sailing to the Norwegian fjords? Dennis
Hi Dennis

Not on your sailing, but we did a fjords cruise last year. One tip, if you are intending going on the Flaam railway either book and excursion with the ship or get your tickets at a Tourist Information Office at one of your earlier ports of call as we did. There were a lot of disappointed people who hoped to buy their tickets in Flaam only to find the train was fully booked for both departures that morning.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci that is one of the trips I want to do, Dennis
We thoroughly enjoyed the journey. This may be of interest:

http://www.flaamsbana.no/eng/

In Bergen we went up the funicular and had some wonderful views of the city. There were no queues when we went up around 9.30am, but they were quite long as we came back down.

We were there in mid-June and it was quite cool so make sure you take warm clothes, including hats and gloves.

luci :wave
Hi,everyone.

Is anyone else on the QE2 on the 12th of November for the two night cruise. :D

If so please let me know! :)

Regards,

from,

Gavin :lol:
Hi Again,

Also is anyone on the QE2 on the 15th of December for the three night cruise. :D

If so please let me know :D

Regards,

From,

Gavin. :lol:
Yes, my parents are booked on this one and cant wait to board this elegant ship.
QE2
Hi

Have they been on before

regards

Gavin
QE2
Not on the QE2, they have been on the P & O ships and the Sunbird. My brother went on the QE2 for his honeymoon and loved her! Have you sailed on her before?
Hi

yes i have this will be my fourth time (third this year)and i booked on twice next year at the moment.
I like the QE2 very much,its not state of the art,and is a little worn around the edges.But this is part of its charm(i feel)
people come to watch her depart in southampton and le harve its quite a spectacle,flashing car lights,tooting horns and camera flashes going off all over the town high in the hills.
To be honest i dont think we will get to Guernsey because it never has yet when ive been on board even in june,due to rough seas.
i recommend afternoon tea in the Queens room ballroom shortly after boarding,its very nice.
despite the check in time on the tickets i arrive at 12 noon which is when they normally open ,unless im in Queens Grill where you have priority check in anyway.
if they have any questions please ask i maybe able to help.

regards,

Gavin.
Yes we have seen her many times as we live at the very end of Southampton water and take dogs to the beach after work. I love to take my binoculars to see the ships, we actually sailed twice ourselves on P & O and it was strange to pass by our beach opposite Cowes!
My parents are in the Caronia restaurant for this cruise, and they are Dorset born by the way.
Hi,
I normally travel Mauretania when im on my own,but when i took my dad on for the "trafalgar 200" cruise we had a suite and eat in the Queens Grill,the suite was lovely,the food and service was excellent.
The coronia looks very nice.
Do your parents still live in Dorset,? i live in wimborne.

After i disembark the QE2 on the 18th,i come home collect more luggage and my Dad then back to Southampton to embark the Aurora for an xmas cruise around the Canaries.Cant wait!
Have you cruised on her ?

regards,

Gavin.
My parents and myself come from Poole but left in 1964, we come back to see the Poole Pirates though!
They were originally booked on the Aurora New Year cruise but had to change to the QE2, but myself & husband are on the Aurora next Tuesday for the Winter Wonderland cruise, I have never been on her and am really looking forward to it.
Hi,
i love Poole especially Sandbanks.

i cannot find the winter wonderland cruise in my brochure,theres a gap between the 6th dec and the 18th which is when i leave.Is it in a different section?where does it go and for how many nights.

regards,

Gavin.
Winter Wonderland was only announced after the brochures came out, it is themed around Christmas and goes to Rotterdam, Oslo, Copenhagen, Hamburg and Bruges. Exceptional deal too, £629 for 10 nights with £50 each onboard credit thrown in! We are especially looking forward to the sailaway from Southampton as instead of champagne its mulled wine & mince pies and carols.
Hi,

i understand now,that sounds nice what a bargain,i paid £1300 each for a room with balcony and bath for 9 nights over christmas.

so we get on 2 days after u get off,will the mulled wine and mince pies be free do you think?

regards,

Gavin.
no your probably right.cunard charge for the champagne on sailaways

regards,

Gavin.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.