Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
No, they bought GB Airways and are adopting their routes.
Flights to Sharm are now available on the EasyJet website.
Mmmmm. 1714.17p for 4 people going on 3rd April for a week. That doesn't seem to be a great price to me for the level of comfort they afford. (and that's knocking the hold bags back down from 4 to 2!). I would imagine I could get a package for 300 quid more although it is a bad time to travel, school hols etc.
Thanks for the explanation Alan... I'm glad I'm not going nuts! TBH I often find them quite expensive unless you book when there are special offers.
Yes Miss Gnomer, I think you ar right. :) XL are 1330 for the same dates so quite a difference

Perhaps Easy will be worth looking at next summer when we can get at the flights on their release dates rather than as part of a take over.
I went and experimented with dates on Easyjet.com and couldn't find any availability at all. I guess that will come with time.
LGW to SSH doesn't start until 1st April (so it says).

Just tried 10th April for 2 adults (returning 17th) as an example
EasyJet £915.20
XL £732.00

I'll be sticking with XL I think.
yep - maybe easy but not cheap at the moment...
We've just cancelled flights we had booked with GB Airways for early june as we felt we'd paid far too much for "Easy, Sleazy" style travel! Very surprised to see that Easyjet prices are far more than we had paid to GB Airways, when looking at their website. Can't see them filling flights at those prices! Perhaps they are just after the time slot at Gatwick and will use it for some other destination after the takeover has been finalised. Time will tell.
XL are by far the cheapest alternative that we have found at present.
I am disappointed that Easy Jets flights are high... but to be honest, would fly Easy Jet any day over THomas Cook flights - a million times more comfortable, and staff second to none.
We've now actually booked with XL for the june flights at £258 each, returning in two weeks and including all the bits! Cheaper than our original booking with GB Airways and almost half of what Easy Sleazy want!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.