Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Having looked at their website when booking online you need to click on transfers to arrange them. I suspect that they failed to do so when doing the booking.

Now for your next step I suggest you forget about telephone calls and emails. Only costs you time and money.

Send them a letter - recorded signed for service - set out the details of your complaint, make sure you tell them about the rep avoiding/not returning your calls. Not sure when you are going but I suggest that you give them seven days from receipt of your letter to resolve the matter. You can track the letter online and so will know when the letter was received. Failing which you may take legal action.

fwh
I booked a holiday with hayes travel for july 2009 travelling with scott travel. About 6 weeks before we were due to leave scott travel went into admin so we had to pay another £1040 to re-book our flights with thomas cook. To make matters worse we found out later that bookings taken at hayes travel shops did not incurr the extra booking fee for flights it was done for nothing by hayes travel but everyone that booked online or via their home workers had to pay again for new flights or cancel the holiday altogether. This was never mentioned to me and when i asked the home worker about this she was very coy and pretended she did not know anything about it, she said contact head office in sunderland tyne and wear about it but they refused to comment saying that it is against company policy to discuss any one elses holiday details without their consent yet all i asked was why was everyone not treated the same when scott travel went into admin? We also had trouble with the transfers from the hotel back to the airport and are still waiting for a response from hayes travel about that all i have heard from them is that they are not responsible for anything that is out of their control. My message is dont book with hayes travel and if going to turkey avoid a2b transfers their are loads of english transfer companies over there find one on the net to avoid this problem
  • Edited by MarkJ 2009-10-10 13:12:48
    To change from all upper case to lower case
I must say Hays are a fantastic travel company.They are the largest Independent travel company in the UK.
I have booked many holidays with them and they are always very competitive on price.
They started in 1980 in a very small shop in a village.
They do their utmost to help out when travel companies go bust.
Mr John Hays took over the bookings when Freedom Direct went bust.
I think the fault is with the person who sold you the holiday in the first place.
your reply is noted but if what you say is true then why cant hayes travel be more helpful when contacting them with a complaint? we are having the same problem with the shops as we have had with head office any help with things like receipts for atol to try getting the extra flight money back they refuse to help because the booking was made via a home worker and they say that they are not allowed access to their bookings but they never refused to take our money when we paid for the holiday at the travel shop even though we never booked the holiday at the travel shop!
Wally,I understand your frustration but I have always been under the impression that Hays home workers although employed by Hays are their own boss and they are they ones who should sort out any problems.
They also have Teletext companies that are advertised as "part of Hays" and they are Purple holidays and Hello holidays,but the shops do not do the same holidays.
I would phone the person you booked the holiday with,and then contact Ros Fernihough the excellent travel solicitor who will advise you what you can do to resolve the problem.
Her phone number is 01922 705134.
Thanks for that info ! You could be right about the home workers for hayes travel, it was an advert on text that i replied to that is how i got to speak to the home worker she never mentioned that she was a home worker for about 6 months i thought it was someone from hayes travel office i was dealing with , it was just by chance i found out when i asked her a question she said she was doing some work from home in billingham because she could not get into the office for a while. Dont have her phone number any more its not on any of the documents and head office wont give it to me i have tried they said all communications have to be done via them and they will decide the best course of action to take. Have you got an address for that solicitor by any chance

cheers
  • Edited by Fiona 2009-10-11 12:19:31
    edited to sentence case.
hi Wally
You had caps lock on when you posted so have changed to sentence case for you. :)
The firm of solicitors Ros works for have 3 addresses but I think she works from the Walsall office.
I dont know if I am allowed to put her address on here but if you put her name into Google you will find it.
Best thing is to phone as her PA Pam is very helpful.
Forgot to say I had the same problem as you when I booked with a home worker(Not Hays) as I ended up having a Holiday from Hell and couldnt get in touch with the person I booked the holiday with.I was told that office had shut and the holiday company offered me £80 off my next holiday!
I declined and got in touch with Ros who managed to get all my money refunded. :tup
Booked up to go to Tenerife for 6 people all inclusive for a week, this was £426 per person. One of the people on the holiday unfortunately had to cancel so we rang Qwerty travel to cancel 5 days after booking and 5 months before the holiday. They have told us that we are not even entitled to a solitary penny back for the person who needs to cancel. I can understand that the flights are non-refundable but Qwerty Travel also said that money for the hotel was also non-refundable. They lied to us on the phone and said that when they tried to rebook with the hotel for 5 people instead of 6 it was £8 more for 5 people instead of 6, this is an absolute lie. They also tried to lie to me by saying that the reason they couldn't refund was because the hotel prices were based on "per room" prices for an all inclusive hotel??????? The people I spoke to on the phone about this matter were rude and abrupt and I find it absolutely disgraceful how a company can take every penny that someone has paid for a holiday when they cancel months in advance. The woman I spoke to on the phone even admitted that they have not yet even paid for the hotel or the flight but somehow aren't able to give me a penny back, I have been well and truly ROBBED. I have read numerous reviews on websites about this company being an unscrupulous company who will try to screw individuals out of every penny possible. Stay away from this company
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.