Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Radar Virtuel
10 Posts
pipefitter,

Refer to my post on the Volcanic Ash Closes Airspace topic. It utilises real time data. I can use my SBS-1 box to see what's coming, then look out my window 30 seconds later and see the aircraft fly past :tup

Darren
It's great fun to see who's going where! Not all planes have their origins and destinations however and the site was very slow last week once air traffic resumed. Definitely worth bookmarking!
Alsacienne wrote:
the site was very slow last week once air traffic resumed

You'll have to invest in your own AirNav box so you receive the data directly to your pc. Never runs slow then for aircraft in your radius!

Darren
OK so the AirNav box won't be an option until I win the lotto :cry but is there a way of looking at other areas overflying aircraft in the same way as using Radar Virtuel, say the US, Canada and the North Atlantic? (And yes I appreciate that the zoom in will have to be at maximum and probably then some more!)
Does anyone know how I can find a certain flight on the Radarvirtual and Flightradar site?
My daughter is on her way home after been stranded for 8 days and due to land at 7.10pm at Heathrow.
I am trying to find the plane they are on on these websites but there seems to be hundreds of planes in the European airspace. :que
Merged with similar topic. Dazbo HT Mod
on virtuel radar on the right side of the screen there is a "filter" tab - you should try a selection of filters individually - e.g airline, departure aiport, destination airport flight operator
It's not always 100% accurate - my kids flight last week showed departure from SSH (Sharm) but aircraft had actually come from hurghada - use a combination of inidivudal filters to narrow down the right aircraft
Thanks a lot! Wished I had never found this site!Its so addictive :rofl
Alsacienne,

Virtual Radar doesn't work well over the Atlantic as the range of VHF signals is too short to pick them up. Aircraft use HF (High Frequency) for comms over longer distances that needs extra equipment. Flight Aware is a similar system for flight tracking in the US and within coastal range of receiver stations, but doesn't display the same sort of information for all flights and the user interface isn't as comprehensive.

Darren
For Europe etc http://www.radar24.com is also quiet useful, it perhaps helps if you have
an idea on planes etc but neither the less gives some good info.

ckeers
Keith
Lanzarote
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.