Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
We go home on the 23rd June so looks like we will miss it hope they do it the week before.
Ooo my daughter goes the 23rd - but she is staying at the FO

kath x
Hi I have received an email today from BBC. Radio Leeds regarding their forthcoming trip to Benidorm. As you can see, the location and date has now changed but this is now definite. I have told them that I will try to spread the word whilst I'm there and would be grateful if members could let me know the names of any bars that have connections with Yorkshire. I know some of them but I'm sure that there are many more that I don't know.

This is an excerpt from the email that I received

just to let you know that we are definitely going - we're flying out on Thursday 14th June, broadcasting live on the Friday and Saturday and heading home on the Sunday.

We will be staying at the Pueblo Hotel and hopefully (technical logistics permitting) broadcasting from the hotel pool area.

Any West Yorkshire ex-pats or holiday makers in Benidorm who would like to come and meet us, that would be great.

Sue :)
Should be good pulicity for Benidorm. I hope that as there from Leeds there not tempted to frequent the Yorkshire Pride as its got to be the dirtiest restaurant/pub with the rudest staff in Benidorm! Certainly not a good reflection of true yorkshire folk.
We are going to the Sol Pelicanos on 5th June till 19th we are also from Yorkshire, we will be flying out from Leeds Bradofrd.
I will watch out for the Radio show

Naz
Going on the 9th to the nereo, will try and pop in to the pueblo and see the show, will have to find the hotel first as have not got a clue where it is.
will have to find the hotel first as have not got a clue where it is.

It's just near the outdoor market.

Sue
Hi, Radio Leeds has been in touch with me this morning and they are going to be ringing me live on air from Benidorm either Thursday or Friday morning for a chat. :oops:
They still want to know of any bars that have connections with Yorkshire.
I know of a few including Bar Chicago on Calle Lepanto (next Sandra bar)
Good for a bet! There's also The Smiths Arms and the Rose and Crown which are both on "Bacon and Egg Alley" just off the front as well as the Leeds Arms and the Yorkshire Prides but if anyone can help me out with some more then I would be very grateful. I do know of some more that I cannot remember the names of. :roll:
I have also informed them obout Billy Daydream originating from Meanwood in Leeds so I think that they are going to be checking "The Take That" tribute band out at Rockafellas at some point.

Anyone can listen to the show live on air at http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/local_radio
They will be broadcasting possibly Thursday but definitely Friday and Saturday morning.

Update: They will be broadcasting from around the Pubelo Pool on Friday and Saturday morning from 10am-1pm local time. They will also be interviewing bar owners and holidaymakers outside these times and putting it all on to mini disc to play during the morning shows.
:cry: :cry: Those are my days at work so won't be able to listen :cry: :cry:
Hey Cazz, I 've never tried it but I have heard them advertise on the radio station that you can listen to archives of the programmes.
Perhaps you could look in to that and catch up with it later after you have finished work.

Thanks Sue, I'll do that.
Our local radio station has that facility.
:lol:
I managed to catch the last hour of the live show this morning and they were portraying Benidorm as a great place to go.
They visited the Leeds Arms last night and were made to feel very welcome.
If you go on the Radio Leeds website which is http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/local_radio
then click on to latest Liver Photos you will see some pics of the presenters in Beni and a nice one of "The Disciples" sand sculpture.

I'll be listening in the morning whilst at work. :cry:

Glad to see its a good old Lancashire Lad (Graham Liver), who's doing the shows!! :lol: :lol: He's a good chap...ask him who his favourite footie team is if you get the chance (Blackburn Rovers) ...he's our announcer at all the home games! :)

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Glad to see its a good old Lancashire Lad (Graham Liver), who's doing the shows!!

I do believe that he reins from Lancashire but then decided to move upmarket and came to Yorkshire. :lol:

He presents the morning show 9-12pm Monday-Saturday. He's very good, the listeners seem to really warm to him. His show is very varied and interesting, I love the phone in competitions and have won lots of good prizes. :lol:

:yikes :oops: :oops: :oops:
I hope that nobody on here was listening to the show this morning because they rang me and I got all flummoxed. The first thing that I asked Graham Liver the presenter was "Have you got a white bum yet" :oops:

I didn't really mean to say that, I meant have you got a good suntan but it just came out. :oops:

They said that they had had a great time in Dolly Daydreams last night. I didn't realised that it was owned by Billy Daydream. I remember seeing it whilst we were there recently. It used to be called something else but they had a refurb and changed the name last October Apparently, it's a singalong bar (not karaoke) and attracts some very talented people. perhaps we will give it a try the next time we are there.

Today was the last day and I feel that overall they have painted a good picture of Benidorm and hopefully people who have previously been sceptical about it will now give it a try after listening to the programmes

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...At least you only said "Bum"!! :lol:

and attracts some very talented people. perhaps we will give it a try the next time we are there.

Modest as ever my dear!! :lol: :lol:

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Modest as ever my dear!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

You obviously haven't heard me sing, I can empty a place in minutes, I'm far better than a fire alarm. :)
hope that nobody on here was listening to the show this morning because they rang me and I got all flummoxed. The first thing that I asked Graham Liver the presenter was "Have you got a white bum yet"

I was listening. No need to go :oops: I thought you were very eloquent.

They were very good shows, and did show Beni in a good light, I think they were very impressed with it, has it seemed they were going with a pre-conceived idea that it was going to be tacky.

A comedian was mentioned, and they said " they couldn't repeat his jokes and that he took the mickey out of everyone" I was wondering if it was Tony Scott?

Thanks for the link Sue. :kiss
Oh Thank you Lizzie, you are very kind. :)

:oops:

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.