Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Rail journeys
4 Posts
hi you could try a few nights at Gokarna 2hrs train journey its a very holy town with plenty
of things to see and if you do want a day on the beach they have some of the best secluded beaches youll see
just do a seach for gokarna and youll get all the info of the town

Sharon
Hi, you could also go north to Maharashtra to somewhere like Ganpatapule. Again lots of secluded beaches and also some very interesting forts nearby. About 2 hours away.
Hi,
We have taken a train journey for 1 hour, you need to get on the train at tivim station ( don't take the spelling of the places stated as correct, but evryone know where they are ).You can get the station by either catching a bus to Mapsa & then to a bus to tivim, we have done the journey twice & we have taken a taxi straight to the station.You need to buy a first class train ticket to Magoa.The journey takes an hour & is wonderful.Its just long enough for us, I don't fancy sleeping on a train.When we reached Magoa station we went by taxi to Magoa coach station, we booked onto an express coach to Panjim.We spent the afternoon looking around the capital & then caught a taxi back to Candolim.There were six of us & with the taxi, train & coach fares, it worked out at less that £5.00 per person.Not bad for a greeat day out.Threre is nothing to be afraid of all the locals are very helpful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.