Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Whilst uncommon now to have to reconfirm flights, if they are instructing you to do this then I would. It could be because you are travelling towards the end of the season that they may be expecting some end of season flight consolidations.

Make sure that the instructions you have contain a contact telephone number of the local Corfu office/agent or a clear number/instructions for you to call to reconfirm the return flight. Make sure you know when to reconfirm the flight as well (is it 24 hrs before or 72 hrs?).

When reconfirming I would also ask the name of the person you have spoken to.
While it's not as common as it once was, there's nothing unusual in having to re-confirm your return/inbound flight with charter flights. Whenever I've used Monarch for flights only we've always had to do this but as it's a package you've booked you can check with the Cosmos rep once you are there and they'll probably in effect do it for you but it's an easy enough thing to do if they say that you have to do it yourself.

SM
Many thanks both. As soon as I find out from the travel agents I'll post again with what they tell me.

Thanks again.

Caz
Hello again!

Phoned today and the lady on the other end of the phone confirmed that we *don't* have to re-confirm our homeward bound flight, just to check in as normal on the day of departure. Mind now at rest!! I would've been on pins all through our hols - anxious to make sure to confirm with them that we are in fact coming home - but now I know that we don't have to I can rest easy - thanks guys, once again you were correct!! ;)

Caz
Whilst we were on holiday just last week. we were told by the rep to recheck the night before for the flight times - just incase there was a change. Good job we did as there was a bomb alert that shut Manchester airport on Friday morning and we had several hours delay, by checking, we were able to stay in resort instead of having to wait at the airport.
I would say always reconfirm your inbound flight time!
We'll definately be checking with the rep when we get there as well, just to make doubly sure!!
If it is a package holiday your rep should do this for you and put any departure time changes up on the tour ops board or desk.
It is usually only flight only bookings that you need to reconfirm yourself.
Even if you are 'flight only' most hotels have a list of flight departures on show for you to check.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.