Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi, I have just had a look at the website. They don't have any pre-season matches on there yet and the main league season doesn't start until September in Spain. Sorry I can't be of any further help.

Sarah
Thanks Sazmo! If you hear of anything let me know!
I will do, we are going out to Alcudia in October, so we are keeping our eyes open to see if they are playing at home whilst we are there, as the last 2 times we have been, they have been drawn away both weekends of our holiday, so still not managed to get there.

Sarah
First league game is August 27th. Unfortunately they are away from home.
Second game and first home match is on September 10th which will be too late. As the first two games are two weeks apart there is possibly a cup game in between.

Home games in October are Villareal on the 1st and Real Sociedad on the 22nd.
Thanks for that info Blueblazer. At last we will be able to see a game as we fly out there on 15th return on 29th :lol: .

Sarah
Great news, Sarah. By far the easiest way to go is on a Thomsons excursion. Either find a rep or phone the local office. Approx cost should be about 50 euros per adult including bus and match ticket. If Thomsons still have the baseball cap offer it is good value. The actual kick off time won't be confirmed until 48 hours before the match as it may be on Saturday or Sunday at different times depending if it is live on Spanish tv or not. Normal kick off is 5pm on the Sunday. It's a super day out.
A nice souveneer to look for out there is a replica shirt, i fetch one every year . The first one i got was from the stadium now i pick them up at local sports shops in the resort. If you are in Alcudia the best deal i got was from a shop at bellvue on the left just before the hump bridge, i got this seasons shirt for about 35 euro.
Hi - I have thought about going to a game. Is the stadium in Palma itself or on one of the roads out. What is parking like etc?
Martin
The stadium is on the outskirts of Palma close to the hospital. You will probably pass the stadium on the way from the airport to any of the south west resorts. I have always gone with Thomsons never by car, but I have noticed there is a large car park at the stadium. Maybe the one disadvantage of going on the excursion is that you can't choose your seat in the stadium and with Thonsons you always seem to be up in top corner.
The year before last our reps got a trip organised for the Real madrid game but it was a bit expensive as we were based in Alcudia , so it was cheaper to drive down ourselves in a hire car and have a day in Palma too.
That year they did a pre season tour in the uk and i went to see them at Derby, there were loads of uk based fans there and etoo was playing for mallorca but Derby beat em i think it was 4-1 Doh!!!
First league game is August 27th. Unfortunately they are away from home.
Second game and first home match is on September 10th which will be too late. As the first two games are two weeks apart there is possibly a cup game in between.
Home games in October are Villareal on the 1st and Real Sociedad on the 22nd.

Its because of the international break, there are EURO 2008 qualifiers on the weekend and midweek between those dates. The English league is the same, first weekend in september there are no games due to the internationals.
Thanks for all the info guys. We passed the stadium on the way to Palma Nova last time. I will probably look into hiring a car for the day and spend the day in Palma or at the Water Parks in Magaluf before going to the game. I would say it will be cheaper as well.

Sarah
hi, would like to watch the real mallorca game on the 1st october, whilst on holiday, and would be grateful for any info, regarding how to get tickets, how far from palma nova to stadium...etc. thanks.
I went to the first game of the season vs Depor last year and went by bus both ways from Magaluf. Cost for daughter and self inc matchtickets less than 50 €, plus you get a free programe (or you did)

Only problem being the no 8 from the stadium to Palma it took about 10-15 mins on bus from ground into Palma after match, but about 50 mins wait due to traffic conjestion around area for bus to get from ground to destination and return to bus stop then to Palma, then a bus into Mag.

Tickets are avaliable from ground upto kick off time depending on the visitors but if you get one then depending where you sit prices range from 28euros to 56 euros to ?? for Barca + Real Madrid.

These are the prices for the Depor match on Sun 10/09/06
Fondos 28 € Child 8 € Behind Goals uncovered
Sol Alta 34 € Child 10 € Lower tier uncovered
Sol Baja 39 € Child12 € Upper Tier uncovered
Trib. Descubierta 45 € Child 15 € Upper tier under cover
Trib. Cubierta 56 € Child 18 € Upper Tier under cover

Ticket office on far side of ground selling them during afternoon prior to ko.
i appreciate you have already travelled but for anyone else wishing to go to real mallorca matches check with no frills excursions. they are a fairly new company on the island and dont be put off by the easy jet bright orange livery they are extremely professional and amazing value. i dont have their phoe number to hand but when you arrive you will find that most hotels in the north of the island work with them. if not they have a small office in the port of alcudia, the office is near the Viva Tropic and condes de alcudia, if you get to that area and ask for directions someone will easily point you the right way
On the offical real mallorca site the prices are as follows

Type Adults Children
Fondos 22 € 7 €
Sol Alta 28 € 9 €
Sol Baja 34 € 10 €
Trib. Descubierta 39 € 12 €
Trib. Cubierta 45 € 15 €

gonna try and get tickets for their match on sunday think it kicks off at 17:00
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.