America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
We were in Florida last month. My mother-in-law has always had a dream of the whole family going to Florida but when we initially priced the flights for 4 of us (2 adults, a 10 year old and a 7 year old) we were looking at well over £3000 so ruled out going. We looked at Expedia, Opodo, etc to get to that figure. Mother-in-law then phoned us and said she had found flights with Air Lingus a lot cheaper and suddenly it looked better. We flew Glasgow-Dublin-Orlando and it was just over £2500 for the four of us.
The added advantage of going through Dublin is that you clear US immigration and customs in Dublin and arrive in Orlando at the domestic terminal so you head straight for baggage reclaim rather than standing in line for ages to enter the US. My brother-in-law lives in New York and when we visited him 18 months ago we stood in line for over an hour to clear immigration despite being pulled out the main line and put through the green card channel as we had the children with us.
Do these prices include flights and hotel, or flights only ? We got a price of about £3000 for 3 adults and 1 child from Glasgow during the school hols, which I thought was pretty fair. Not staying on site at Disney, but at Coco Key Hotel and Waterpark on I Drive. Also includes car hire.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.