America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
DEpends on your contrat but on my Orange pay as you go phone I think received texts cost me 20p a time. Sending them is 50p a time.
Thanks for your help. My boyfriend is out there with an orange pay as you go and we didn't realise that he had to pay to recieve too. Oops!
Check your tariff. I am with Dolphin. Different tariffs have different rules.
I am with Virgin and I don't pay to receive.

When I was with Orange I don't think I paid to receive either, otherwise I wouldn't have even taken my phone with me. I'm sure it should be free to receive?
I am with 3 and we went to America it didnt cost me to receive texts or to send them either :tup
I've just looked at my Vodafone, and I hadn't deleted the "welcome to the USA" txtfrom my last trip there . ALthough it says how much you pay to make and receive calls, it only says that SMS cost 49p to send, with no mention of any cost to receive, so I guess it's free
Orange used to charge for receiving texts, but I just checked their website and they no longer do so.

luci :wave
Brilliant, thanks for your help everyone!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.