Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
the weather should be fine.

In las americas (dont be put off by las americas, it isnt all night clubs and 18-30's) you have the following self catering apartments that i think are well situated near the beach, bars, restaurants and shops:
VistaSur
Parque Santiago 3/4

Hotels
Best Tenerife/Bitacora/Vulcano. All 4 star well situated. Are half board though. And depending on your budget, maybe too much, becuase the're quality and good hotels usually keep their price.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the recommendations.

Are there any quieter resorts nearby with good beaches and nice restaurants?
that part of the resorts is much quieter. no noise from clubbers.

failing that, los cristianos arona gran hotel is a quality hotel, and i think you can get b&b there, might be pricey though.
oasis moreque is a H10 hotel, a good 3 star.

then the other side you've got torviscas/costa adeje with Iberostar Torviscas Playa, Guyamina Princess (cant spell it!) towards Fanabe. Again, a lovely area, nice beaches and plenty of restaurants.
I don't think you can beat the Bouganville Playa, which is a really nice area of PDLA, Costa Adeje area. We go every year, the rooms are lovely, the pool areas nice and the food is out of this world. You are only a short walk to some nice bars and beaches. Thomson/First Choice/Thomas Cook all do this hotel, so its worth shopping around for the best price.
hi have a look at htis complex which is quiet and very good location http://www.tlcholidays.co.uk
Given that you are

not really into clubbing but enjoy and good meal (authentic rather than British food) and quiet drink. Ideally we would like to be close to a beach and also close to the centre of the town (walking distance) or at least close to good restaurants/bars. It doesn't have to be a bustling resort, mush prefer somewhere more quaint and unspoilt.

and

recently we have stayed in a few boutique hotels and really enjoyed the quietness and privacy

then I'd be surprised if you'd find somewhere that would suit you in the big British orientated resorts in the south of Tenerife. I would suggest that you might be better off looking at some of the smaller resorts in the north of the island. There are others more knowledgable than me on this forum who could make specific suggestions for taht part of the isalnd but have you thought about La Gomera? It's an easy ferry ride from Los Christianos, much more authentic and in September it wold be easy to find a decent quality SC apartment very reasonably. A decent 2 bedroom apartment right on the harbour front at Valle Gran Rey usually costs us around 45 Euros a night and you'll find really lovely studios or roof top atticos for as little than 30 Euros a night.

If you go into the 'Other Canary Islands' forum you'll find a lot of info on the La Gomera thread and if you decide you like the look of it, post any further queries on that thread and I can put you in touch with a local letting agency.

SM
Thanks for all the advice guys, its really appreciated.

Will start to get some prices together and will probably be back with some questions!
I live in Tenerife for the whole winter normally six months but would not come in the summer months.
I would stick to your usual location and visit Tenerife when you will really appreciate it in the heart of the English winter.
Rodz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.