Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Debs

As far as ease of travel goes Fuengirola is hard to beat. Train direct from airport short walk to front line hotels. Local buses to nearby resorts are easy to use. I will be going there 21st to 28th April with my wife but we always use an apartment so others would be better at suggesting a Hotel for a few days.

Hope the weather down there is better by then for both of us.

Have a good time.

Ed
Try the Confortel in Los Boliches. Good food and rooms, 5 minutes from the train station and the beach is across the promenade right outside the front door.
I found the Las Rampas good value for money too.
:wave: Las Rampas is nice.all shops on the door step 2mins from bus & train station, train is 2eruos from airport to fuengirola we add a week at the hotel B&B 6/3/10 love it
Hi All,

Thank you for the replies :) I've decided on the Confortel Fuengirola as they offer a good price for my dates and had good reviews.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Deb
If you like a sea view ask for a room on the seafront, Deb. Some rooms overlook the town.
Good choice... just across prom from the beach, shops and supermarkets a stone's throw; lovely tapas bar in square alongside, good Chinese, too; and some superb restaurants in the little backstreets to the rear, notably El Bravo, run by Victor Meldrew lookalike.. uncanny.
Los Boliches is, by far, the jewel in that area's crown.
Great walks, as well, left along the front towards Torreblanca, also worth exploring, and right to Fuengi...
Enjoy
  • Edited by jimg 2010-04-02 06:35:18
Should have mentioned, as well, its just five minutes walk, direct from Los Boliches train station. Its an elevated station, just come down the steps, walk straight ahead towards the sea, thru the aforementioned square with tall statue, and your hotel is right on the corner on the seafront.
To get the train, follow the direction signs at the airport, thru the carpark and over a footbridge... allow 10 minutes with your baggage which you can push by trolley right to the station. Have two euro coins, per person, ready for the ticket machine, (English instructions at push of button)... you want Los Boliches station, the journey is about 18 minutes and the trains are every half hour.
Thanks Mick, I'll do that :)
Jimg, you have answered all my next questions in your posts - thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to it, now just got to book the weather!..lol.

Thanks again everyone - you guys are a great help!

Deb
Get the train to Los Boliches (make sure you have coins or 5 euro note) for the ticket machine. DO NOT make the mistake of paying on the train as the conductor will charge up to four times the fare. This happened to me. Confortel is 5 mins walk head for the sea and you can`t miss it.....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.