Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Reservetravel
5 Posts
If it looks to good to be true then it is an easy way to part with your money. Might as well send it to me. To be serious though I have picked up some adverse reports via google but with broken links/ If it was me I would steer clear of them.

fwh
They are based in Phoenix and seem to have a stereotypical American's sense of geography! I just looked at Edinburgh and it came back with "Edinburgh, Scotland and nearby cities" - the 5th on the list was at Heathrow!! 6 and 7 were in Essex, 8-10 were in Hertfordshire. If your search for Edinburgh, England (their desricption not mine!) it gives a better selection. Oh dear - how many Americans have gone wrong here?

try http://www.expedia.co.uk - the first hotel I matched on both lists is currently around 50% dearer at reservetravel
I found this site from a meta search. At the time of posting Jury`s Inn was coming up at £43 a night. I wasn`t sure if this included tax as they seem to work on a stateside pricing system. Regarding the Edinburgh/England description I have heard Americans describe Scotland as part of England.
Anyway I wasn`t confident enough to book with them so I`m still looking.
According to their site at the moment, that hotel varies between $88 and $190 per night over the Easter weekend- to which they add about 18% tax and service fee! Maybe your search found an old cached result? Expedia show it at £59 - £127 per night with no add ons. Lastminute show it about £15 a night more.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.