America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Residence Inn is a brand within the Marriott group and Hawthorn Suites within the Wyndham group.

There are several Residence Inn's and Hawthorn Suites in the Orlando area. Whilst I think I know exactly which Residence Inn you are refering to, there are two Hawthorn Suites which you may be looking at - one on Westwood Blvd and one on Canada Ave which is just off International Drive. I'm also assuming you are looking at these in the Travel City Direct brochure.

Residence Inn at Seaworld is as the name suggests very close to the Seaworld and Discovery Cove parks. Also very easy access to the I-4 and BeeLine Expressways. There is also a short cut avoiding the I-4 to both Disney and Universal via Turkey Lake Road. I last stayed at this hotel about two years ago. Found it very comfortable and would certainly return. It does lack shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinity but they are easily reached especially if you have a car.

The Hawthorne Suites on Westwood Blvd is an older property. Nothing wrong with it but not as fresh as the Residence Inn - I assume that's why it is rated as "standard" over the Residence Inn's "superior" rating. I have stayed there as well but a long time ago. It is located opposite the Doubletree International Plaza hotel and again close to Seaworld. A few tired shops in the area and a Village Inn restaurant nearby but again away from the main drag of I.Drive. A rental car, I-Trolley or a taxi will enable you to get out and explore more restaurants and shops.

Both properties serve a complimentary breakfast.

The I-Trolley serves both the Residence Inn and the Hawthorn Suites on Westwood Blvd. The I-Trolley runs up International Drive and is therefore also easily accessable to the other Hathorne Suites on Canada Avenue.

Hope that helps a little.
Thanks Traveller - that is very helpful. The Hawthorn Suites which we are looking at is the one on Westwood Blvd.

We will not be driving so will mainly rely on the shuttles and I Trolley to get to the theme parks, restaurants and shops..

Thanks again and if you have any further info, please pass it on.
As you don't wish to drive in Florida can I suggest you look at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando International, International Drive. Very similar to your other selections (although the pool is not as good as the Residence Inn), includes a breakfast, rooms have kitchettes - but the location is much better than the other two. The Homewood Suites is set just back from the main I.Drive strip and at the better end. There are lots more restaurants within walking distance, TGI Fridays, Bahama Breeze, Denny's, various others that I can recall the names (Chinese/Steak restaurants), plus Pointe Orlando with bars, shops, restaurants and a cinema all within a 5-10 walk.

You didn't mention your party size so not sure how big your apartment/room needs to be. Your other selections have studios/one bedroom and two bedroom units whilst Homewood Suites only have one bedroom units I believe.
Thanks again - you are a star. We hadn't looked at these because on the TC site it didn't mention shuttles, but having looked at their own site and the reviews they do have them.

Many thanks again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.