Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi U2fan :) ,
Your hotel is in a great position in the centre of Town - near to the Balcon.

There are all types of restaurants and Bars in Nerja and you will enjoy looking around some of the small cobbled streets a bit higher up from the main Square - lots of cafe's and small Spanish Tapas bars.
My Wife and I will be in Nerja in 3 weeks - just for 3 nights - can't wait - we went at the same time last year and got Sun Burnt 8) .

Have a great time and If you are anything like us - you will get the Nerja bug and go back time and again - always something new to discover.

PS - get on the Bus and go to Frigliana - a nice whitewashed village - only about 15 mins away but nice and peaceful.

Toffeemen
Thanks Toffeemen - I hope you have a fantastic time. Fingers crossed re-the weather!

U2fan
I can recommend "Osteria" at the bottom of Calle Rodriguez Acosta(near the fountain.It is run by three young Italians who are passionate about food,and it shows!Not the cheapest place but the food(and wine)are delicious!Superb service too.We go back time after time.
Thanks SheilaM - we'll check that one out!

U2fan
Just noticed that you said bars as well!!! I really enjoyed the Harp Bar on Carribeo(not far from the Balcon)
It is an Irish bar but don't be put off by that if you don't like Irish music etc.They only play Irish music on Fridays!!
I went Mondays and Thursdays.There are some fabulous guitarists who have been in groups since the sixties.My son is a record producer and loved going there.He said they are real musicians .
On a Monday Jeff and Mel play as MJ Rox ,it's mostly the old classic rock stuff etc.Thursday is my favourite.They team up with Karl and call themselves Diablo!!!!(Devil!!) This is a bluesy night and is mega popular!!You need to be in early to get a seat.
Thanks for another great suggestion Sheila M. We love Irish bars - hubbie's Irish - so we'll be checking this one out too!

Thanks again, U2fan
We ate at a restaurant down on Burriana beach quite a few times because it was that good, can't remember what it was called though if anybody can help me out (I also want to recommend it to a friend going later in the year). It was run by a British gay couple, one out front taking orders and his other half cooking - it was packed every night and we had to book every time we went. Also make sure you have paella (if you like it) from Ayo on the beach - just to say you have!
Thanks Pepsicat - I'll see if I can find out the name of the restaurant for you.

Ayo is on my list of must do's - I've seen it recommended quite a few times.

U2fan
We ate at a restaurant down on Burriana beach quite a few times

Brilliant choice Pepsicat.

It's Cafe del Mar run by Richard & John with the star of the show the 'blackboard'.

Never miss it when in Nerja, hope to be there again in mid July.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.