Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Yes, I too saw this on the news. I am worried as I am due to fly to Goa on 1st March. Hope Thomson would fly us per schedule. Would be useful to get some info from people out there or those who return after this dreadful act by terrorists. :( and :rage
People in Goa know nothing more than is in the link. Will have to wait and see but don't think this will affect Thomsons flying to Goa.
http://www.goanvoice.org.uk/ seems to have a collection of stories on it, looked on the TV this morning but it didn't show anything... I am not saying they are connected in the slightest, but a couple of days ago there were explosions heard (but not seen) near Palolem, apparently really loud according, but no one seems to know what the cause was...

The border was closed between Marahastra and Goa last night I think as a reaction to the blast in Pune..

My thoughts are with the poor victims...

UPDATE: Just had this from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)

Travel Advice
"We are aware of reports of an explosion in Pune in Western India. Media are reporting a number of fatalities. We advise all British Nationals in the region to remain indoors and monitor local media".
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.