Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We only stayed a couple of nights but ate in the Meridien, in Benaulim village and the Blue Laggon restaurant attatched to the Star of the Sea resort along the road. Both excellent food and prices.
That sound great...as we're staying at The Star Of The Sea Resort... :cheers
How did you get on staying there?
Is it close to the beach?

Cheers
Nick
Yes the Star of the Sea is nice. The restaurant where you have breakfast is run separately by an English guy,Paul, who is the chef also. Lovely food. The meridian is one of a nice little collection of eateries in the village. We had a scooter, but the beach road is around the corner from the hotel. Then, as with most hotels in Benaulim, it is a 10 minute walk down to the lovely beach, where there are some good beach shacks to eat in during the day. We loved it there and tried to book the hotel again for a two day break this month, as we are staying in Baga from next week. It is fully booked though.
The hotel is owned by an Indian doctor, but he is rarely there. The staff are all very friendly, but they are not particularly on the ball re cleaning. If he is not careful, the owner will find that the hotel goes downhill. As it is quite new and well furnished they get away with it, but it won't take long to deteriorate, which will be such a shame. They charge more than most in Benaulim, so should keep the standards up. I have written a hotel review on this site.
Have a trip along to Cavellosim, where boat trips are very good, and go in to Margao too.
I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.