Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Can anyone tell me where Matteo and kerry are, they used to run a really good restaurant in los Abrigos and I understand they have moved. WE had such goos times there and i would like to use thier new place.
:que hi going to chance going to guayamina princess costa adjere in oct even though been good and bad reports but every ones tastes are different mate went last year in nov loved it she has just returned no probs and booked to go again it oct but with it being half board she did not eat out but i was wonder if any one knows of any nice places where we could eat in day if get hungry but prop wont will have daughter 12
I have just returned from yet another fantsatic holiday in tenerife staying in the Cleopatra Hotel part of the Mare Nostrum resort. I last visited tenerife in 2008 and there was a brilliant Indian restaurant called Star of Asia in the Safari Centre, this has now been replaced by the Oriental Gardens, (sure this is part of a Cartel along with Mama Mia and an Argetinia place next to it) does anyone know whatever happened to the SoA, the Bombay Blue is not a patch as a replacement?
Star of Asia.....now called the Star of India..... with the same chef, is now in San Eugenio....a small place...but still great food!! :tup
(and no i agree the Bombay Blue isn't a patch!!)
anyone looking for a really good Indian restaurant could do worse than the SHER y PUNJAB in los cristianos the food is really good and service first class the manager is a real gentleman in the nicest possible way he will do whatever you want foodwise try it Im sure you wont be dissapointed it is located in a small plaza beside miners bar and the roast house all near burger king
I am going to Tenerife in January for a long weekend away for my 30th Birthday. We havent booked a hotel yet but are looking at staying in PDLA or Costa Adeje we are looking at AI hotels but on the night of my actual birthday I would like to go out to a nice restaurant for a meal and drinks, does anyone have any recommendations for the best places to eat?

Thanks

Stace
El Molino Blanco (The White Windmill) at San Eugenio, PDLA is lovely for a special night out, all fairy lights in garden, looks lovely at night and food is a bit different too. You will need to book about a week in advance though. They have a website if you do a Google search.
Going to Tenerife next summer to PDLA (Parque Santiago 3/4) and was wondering if there will be any set menu deals and if I'll get them for 10 euros or less?
Ta
Anyone recommend a good restaurant for a Xmas Dinner? We are two adults and 2 (younger) teenage kids

We are arriving in PDLA on the 24th/12 off a ship into Santa Cruz and won't really have time to look and book once we get feet on the ground.

We have an apartment at the Hotel Catalonia on Av del Arquitecto Gómez Cuesta so ideally it will be a reasonable walk from here although anything up to a couple of miles in the resort would be fine.

Telephone numbers and or web sites would be great and we are grateful for any contributions.
Is that the Hotel Catalonia Oro Negra. If so I think Mama Mias is not to far, there have been good reports about it
The best restaurant I found there was called Los Rodeos and the food was just fantastic! A feast of all kinds of meat you can imagine and a beautiful self service salad buffet... Eat till you drop and it's more than worth it!! Highly recommended!
We'll be staying in Costa Adeje, Calle Reykjavik, which is off of Calle De Los Jardines Del Duque. On the map I see Anthelia Park, Hotel Jacaranda, Hotel Iberostar Grand Anthelia, Hotel Bahia Princess.
Any recommendations on good restaurants in that area? Authentic Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Indian. Anything from cheap n cheerful but really good, to middling expensive.

Map link here...
URL Google Maps
Answer to my own question above....
Just back after a great month in Costa Adeje. Make your way down to the "strip" at the seafront and there are lots of great restaurants. Couple of excellent Chinese, several very good Italian and the "Cordon Rojo" which serves excellent Italian/Spanish/SteakHouse meals.
Hi,

Going to Tenerife in 10 day's and wanted to know if anyone know's the Resturant Gordon Ramseys is still open?
Cheers,
Paul
Was still open when I was there first week of March
going to tenerife with three kids they like chinese buffets is there any there and if so could please let me know thank joanie :wave:
Hi Joan
I do not know where you are staying but around PDLA and LC there are plenty around.
Just back from costa ajede , ( we stayed near where pollensa 1946 was back in 2011 !!!) in a villa which was fantastic , we went out every night and our favourite restaurant was filet de couer at CC Fanabe , if you want a good bit of steak go there!!! Also popped into San Eugenio and went to Carlos which was also good , and worth trying if you like Indian is the Bombay Babu which is in CC La Nina , also had a good meal in Harley's if you need that American food fix , not quite as good as hard rock cafe but still really nice

Steak restaurant was Couer de Filet !!!! Wrong way round , it means heart of filet
  • Edited by andy66 2012-06-22 20:11:07
Thanks for the recommendations. We were in Costa Adeje in February and the info would have been useful then! We were AI, but we still like to eat out.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.