Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
yes I posted that one, but the posts that I have read are all 2006 2007 no recent views, Was in Tenerife last in 2006 and found food very bland just wondered if any new places opened.
aberdeen/Angus steak house's
just wondered if these so called eating places are still up and running, last i heard they was shut down for been naughty, hope there still closed as there reps outside have been very nasty when ive refused point blank to eat there,
They were closed down all over Europe.
They are being refitted and many are open, not sure who the new owners are though.
Rodz
I thought I read somewhere a while back that a new Tony Roma's has opened in PDLA, does anyone know where it is please?
Tony Romas is just off the Fanabe sea front promenade, and another one is also opposite to the Hotel Conqistador
thanks we are staying at Torviscas area so it's not too far.
Just returned this morning and can recommend a couple or restaurants theat we used.
El Cedros at the front of Parque Santiago 2, excellent food and excellent service, the waiters there cant do enough for you and the prices are reasonable, infact they havent changed since we were last there 2 years ago.
The Krishni Tandori, opposite the Patch upstairs next to the Hereford Bull, great food, good service and again prices are reasonable.
American Dreams near to the Tenerife Sol, as above plus you get to hear a live singer whilst you enjoy your meal.

Paul
Went to Tony Romas at Fanabe, our meal was excellent and as uaual the ribs were to die for. Other good places we ate were Rossinis, Marios and Marfil ( all near to Garden City ). For a good lunchtime snack and Strongbow at €1.80 a pint try The Star bar again close to Garden City.
Hi
Does anyone know if the aberdeen steak house's are reopening in tenerife???
Clodagh wrote:
Hi
Does anyone know if the aberdeen steak house's are reopening in tenerife???

I've just come back this week and there are a couple open. There is a very nice one on the roundabout by the Bahia Princess & Torviscas Playa. Also between the Bouganville and the Gran Tinerfe is open again.

Cheers,

Adam.
Hola, (this is little legs other half) as a chef myself just making inquires if you eat the so called "buffet meals" that you see when going out at night, i myself avoid these places like the plaque, even if you go to them and do not want the buffet, your bound to get some sort of food out of the buffet trolly like the rice ect... end of the day there not going to cook a fresh batch of rice for your meal when there is tons of the stuff for the buffet, just your views and thoughts,

i always look at prices first as i can average how dear the whole meal will cost, and how much, its not called penny pincing its called not been ripped off, there is certain place in tenerfie that do go over board i will not mention them, but sooner or later the public will get wice, and the owners will soon be on the dole.

what gets me is that these owners in tenerife are moaning about lack of custom ect... stop ripping us off
Just back last night and would like to say MIchaelangelos was excellent. We have been to Mamma Rosas before but always found the food too rich .I believe they own Michaelangelos too.We loved the food it was excellent.
Holiday home in Tenerife insider delivers much information on the islands restaurants, especially of North Tenerife.
This is updated, however, with more and more detailed descriptions with addresses, quality of service, cost of meals, view or no view,
special locations near beaches or other attributes such as art exhibitions within a restaurant. Some detailed information comes with photos to give the surfer an idea of the looks of a place or of special dishes recommended.
been to Michaelangelos on every visit to tenerife, this visit was no diffrent very good food and service, i probley went around 4 tmes in my 2 weeks visit

for the best curry go to the "Krishna 11" next to the hereford bull, great food and service, staff are great, the chef will cook your food the way you want it even if its not mentioned on the menue, there is of course other indian places but your paying for the location rather than the food at these other places.

for stakes and other meat meals, try "montana's, great sirlions, comes with all the trimmings on a hot sizzeling platter
Hi
can anyone tell us the best places to eat out in Los chris and ones to avoid please, and who does the best big steaks,going to Paloma Beach for new year many thanks Bob
hi
we like miami beach restaurant, situated on los chris front, opposite the derelict building on the beach.

we go there several times during our holiday and have never had a bad meal in the 4 years we've been going.

hope this helps

regards

tracey
Thanks for that we will give it a try bob.
Staying at Victoria Court 2 very soon :sun2

Any recommendations nearby pse ?

I know the Big Ben is good for a quiet pint or three ! :glynis

Bob
Shelleys restaurant at the front of Paloma beach does lovely food, their Sunday lunch is well worth a visit, everything cooked fresh, proper gravy, proper veg, proper joints of meat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.