Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
RESTAURANTS
200 Posts
We had the Chateaubriande at the Bahamas II. It was very good and also came with a sizzler plate if it wasn't cooked to your liking. While the meat was excellent it was let down by 1 lettuce leaf and 1 pineapple ring plonked on the plate and the chips were extremely greasy. Although it was reasonably priced I really wouldn't be tempted to go back.
Best Restaurant by a country mile on our holiday in PDLA was "La Rana"
underneath PS IV

I can highly recommend The Octopus Starter for those who are like minded.
Just back from a regular holiday in Playa Fanabe. However we found a restaurant that I would definitely suggest that peeps give a miss. It's called Testa Rossa in the CC Litoral de Fanabe (the beach promenade)

The food was poor, the service appalling, and the pudding had ants crawling about in it. When we complained, they totally ignored us and virtually threw the bill at us. We paid, (no tip though!) and left. Never again for that one.
would definitely suggest that peeps give a miss

Reports like that one are just as valuable as those praising places. I am visiting the same area in July and will make a note to avoid this place
thanks, I can give lots of good recommendations for the area too (The Terazza in Playa Fanabe, the Bahia Beach in Playa a la Pinta)

Have a good time
Hi i am new to the Tenerife forum (but been to Tenerife a few times). Going to Tenerife in September can anyone recommend a good Chinese Restaurant. It's my partners birthday when we are out there and I'd like to treat him to a special restuarant. If anyone likes Mexican I can recommend Rosie's Cantina in Los Cristianos, it's the best Mexican we've ever had !!
bahamas 2 near moonlights bar in adeje,biggest and best steaks i have ever tasted,and wait for the price,are you sitting down,right then here goes
Sirloin steak 5.10 euros
T bone 5.10 euros
Fillet steak 8.75 euros.
I know some people will look and say it cant be quality for that price,but believe me it is the best i have ever had,please try it i would be suprised if anyone failed to enjoy.
regards
escanatiger.
Hi Goakid.
Recommend Slowboat Teppanyaki at the Safari C.C. (incs.Sushi,Chinese and Thai)
Even worth taking a taxi to, if you're not staying in that area.
Very popular and lovely Restaurant with fantastic food,service and staff. Not too expensive either..well worth it IMO.
You'll not be disappointed.
If you decide to go,remember to book a table in advance.
Phone no. is (0034)922 79 53 95 .The staff all speak excellent English.
HTH
We are going to santigo 3 in july. 6 :lol: adult and two girls 10 and 14 :lol: year old. just wondering would you recommend any nice places to eat in.
Hi berkeogh
There's La Trattoria on the corner opposite PS4 and Khong Tsha a few yards along the road under PS3 which are nice enough for Italian and Chinese.
But.. will always rave about Slowboat Teppanyaki,mentioned above, :lol: really lovely for more special meals out. Top of my list though is Bianco for Italian food,more or less next door to Slowboat Teppanyaki at the Safari C.C. You won't be disappointed by the food and service there either,honestly it's lovely.Really nice, happy staff too. It's probably slightly more expensive than Slowboat Teppanyaki,but also well worth it IMO. Like Slowboat Teppanyaki,always best to book a table in advance. The phone No. is (0034) 922 788 697. If you prefer,you could always just call into the restaurant earlier in the day and book for the evening, since you're really nearby anyway.
Fantastic Indian at Star of Asia,at Americas Plaza opposite the Mare Nostrum resort and if you like Paella try El Arrozal at PS5...Very nice...mmm..I'm hungry now! :lol:
For daytime or maybe more of a snack meal,burgers,chips etc.etc. I'd recommend the Plaza Cafe at PS5,directly opposite PS3. Not the cheapest,but always good fresh food and a nice place to sit and relax with a cold drink....really good chips! :lol:
There's also Coconut Joe's which is nice for lunch or that type of thing too and a bit more reasonably priced. It's at the end of the strip of Bars etc.at Parque de la Paz...the opposite end to the Highlander Bar.
San Borondon at the beach front at PS3,do lovely fresh filled Baguettes,sandwiches and snacks.
There are Steak/Meat and Fish Restaurants too, in the Parque Santiago 3,4,5/Mare Nostrum area but can't comment on these to be honest,because I've been Vegetarian since I was 19 :lol:
There's also Monkey Bar and grill,just along the road, opposite the Compostella Beach. Again haven't eaten there,but also nice just for a cool drink.
You'll all love it :) there really are loads of places for nice meals and snacks etc.etc.
Enjoy!!
P.S./
BTW.The other half.. non Vegetarian.. always raved about the food at Bianco,Slowboat Teppanyaki and Star of Asia too and had also always thoroughly enjoyed the others I mentioned.
Lovely places and atmosphere for folks with kids too.
  • Edited by FionaI 2007-06-27 09:11:55
Thanks a million fiona1. Will try them :lol:
Bentley's on the front at Fanabe was the best meal we had all week! Not cheap but quality.
Thought folks might like to read a bit about Bianco and Teppanyaki and the owner. Bianco has been open for a good while and the new restaurant area has also been open for some time now at the back of Bianco. :)
http://www.livingtenerife.com/view-article.asp?aid=104
Keep reading great reports about Bahamas 2. My parents are staying in the Sunwing Resort Fanabe in a couple of weeks and think they would enjoy this place.

Directions from Sunwing to Bahamas would be greatly appreciated.
around 2 mins away,find moonlights bar for the best sunsets you will see in the south and its 50 yard away,fillet steak is to die for. :D
Hi, Me and my girlfriend are off to tenerife in 3 weeks :D , we will be staying at the parque de la paz, can anyone recommend any places to eat or any places not to eat in that area, Thanks
Hi new to the forums.

Same sort of question really flying on the 17th july to las americas. Staying all inc. however it is mine and my 6 year old daughters birthday on the same day (21st july ..i'm not counting :lol: ) and i am looking for somewhere special to eat out. Been told that there is an american restuarant ( tgi style) close to where i am staying. (ocean resort) Has anyone been there and is it somewhere that my family with young children be welcomed? My party includes me, my husband a 6 soon to be 7 year old, 4 year old and 15 months.

Thanks for your help

Emma and crew
american restuarant ( tgi style

Sounds like Harleys. Down the hill towards the beach, turn right at the horrible nasty roundabout by St Eugens bar and Harleys is down the hill on the other side of the road.
Not impressed at all by Harleys, Looks flashy but found the food very average and expensive!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.