Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
RESTAURANTS
200 Posts
Wasnt actually recommending Harleys - i dont particularly like it myself. I was just describing where it was
To be honest we found it to be very hit & miss restaurant wise where we stay (Adeje area) Every night we ran the gauntlet of people trying to drag you in to their restaurants, mostly friendly but very insistent, just glance at a menu board & they pounce! You just don't need the hassle when going for a leisurely stroll.
One of my biggest gripes is that I've yet to have a decent steak, tried loads of different places & it always seems to come accompanied with a pile of sloppy veg including sprouts...ughhh!
:lol: SPROUTS! nice with a roast dinner maybe. Sounds strange.

Well thanks again for posting a message. I am staying all inc this holiday so not important i find places to eat out for dinner. But if anyone reading and knows of a good place to take young children, please let me know. Would like to have a nice meal for mine and my daughters birthday if not then i suppose i would have to drink instead :lol: but not my daughter :? .

thanks everyone

Emma
xxx
emma, we were in pdla end of may and ate at a restraunt called 'deep blue', ( i think its called that )
lovely food and best of all for your little ones, there's a playpark just in front, my 6yr old daughter played while waiting for her meal, its right near the seafront in pdla.
hope this helps !
happy hols,
juby
Hi Juby

Thank you so much for that, sounds like the kids would love it. nothing worse than trying to keep them seated whilst waiting for a meal to be cooked.

It does help thank you for your post. really looking forward to my hols now. 2 weeks to go. yippe :hyper

Emma
xx
emma,
you really all will have a fab time, this is the first holiday we've come back from where my daughter cried !
we've already booked to come back to pdla next easter, (keeping it a surprise for her )
have a great one !
juby
Had a really bad experience at Verdes. 20 minutes to get the first drink. 45 minutes from sit down to get starter. Main course was dreadful, some of the meals obviously kept hot under the lamp and were crusty. I live here in Tenerife, and certainly wont go back!
Fillet steak is fine, but anything else other than that is acceptable. If theres one place you have got to eat at is Chicken Shack, Garlic chicken at its finest.
I found the place over rated,

Billyboy.
Mum & Dad came back on saturday,they went to Mamma Rosas on friday night & can't recommend it enough, they said meal was fantastic
Hi Just visited the new Indian restaurant in fanabe. Star of East. What a lovely meal, lovely staff and i personally recomend the Chicken Cheese tikka starter its mouth watering. The manager is great with the kids and somehow gets them all to behave. no running about. we sat for 3 hours chatting in our group watching the sun go down. not rushed will be back.. :) the restaurant was clean and well managed the staff were pleasent and also seemed to enjoy there work. The chef (i found out was nick named Jackie Chan) is the best on the island. very proud off his food.
got to agree in some respects,if its meat you like then personally i think its great,but as for pizzas,pasta,etc its very poor.garlic mushrooms are great.
escanatiger
Had a fantastic meal for 7 at Verdes last night to celebrate my partners birthday. Even the difficult to please moaning in laws were impressed!!! Been to this lovely restaurant on several occasions and never left a mouthfull. Couldnt find fault at all. WIll definitely be back frequently
Is The Bahamas 2 located where there was an Aberdeen place with Star Wars models ?
Is The Bahamas 2 located where there was an Aberdeen place with Star Wars models ?

Yes it is in the corner near to the amusement arcade and the chinese buffet restaurant
We had two excellent meals in the new Star of the East on Fanabe beach. I would go back again for the quality of the food and the manager is very friendly and pleasant. A little too much if anything. The only gripe i would have is the length of time it takes to get your meals. We arrived last Thursday at 8:40 and had a starter at 9:15 and the main course at 10:30. We never left till after 11 which i think is too long for a meal especially with our 17 month old baby stuck in a high chair watching.
is the star of east indian restuarant within walking distance of adeje gran hotel
Hi does anyone know if the restuarant Intercontienal by play la pinta beach in Puerto Colon is still open??
What on earth are all you people doing eating Indian, Chinese, Japanese and, worst of all, the all day English breakfast? You are in Tenerife where the cuisine is Spanish and the drink is wine not LAGAH!! It's probably best, however, to keep away from anything called "paella"; it's usually indifferent at best and, if you're really unlucky, quite nasty. Try to find somewhere that does squid, good plain grilled fish, decent salad, seasonal veg and does not try to impress you with the length of their menu. If it tries to pander to the English palate, it's probably run by somebody who's more interested in your wallet than your eating pleasure. Also, you'll probably do better to get take a little trip out of the clip joint areas of popular beach-side establishments - get into the country and look for an unpretentious, private establishment where the locals go and order what they eat.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.