Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Re: Review site
81 Posts
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/thailand/bangkok/jw-marriott-bangkok-resort-and-spa/
this is a bit of a muddle. First of all there never was a JW Marriott Bangkok resort and spa( it was always down as Marriott Riverside Resort and Spa on the old HT). It was not the JW brand. The photo is of the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit Road.
The reviews are for the Marriott Riverside R and S. However, this hotel has now been rebranded.Anantara Bangkok Riverside
http://bangkok-riverside.anantara.com/
Hope you can understand all that :D
And so it continues. I've just had another look at the Chems and find another two reviews purportedly from me which were for another of the Hana Hotels, as is clearly stated. I cannot now remember when I stayed at the El Hana Residence but at least one of these is clearly for this hotel as 4* is mentioned, whereas the Hana Beach is 3*..
Sorry to ask again, but my Review for the Hotel & Resort Riveria, Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain, was on here and now they are not, I mentioned earlier you said you were looking into but that was a while back and not mentioned again :que
The picture that you have for the Regent Cha Am, Beach Resort and Spa, Cha Am/Hua Hin, Thailand is incorrect, the hotel is not a high rise hotel.
The Hotel has a new name it is now The Holiday Inn Resort, Regent Beach, Cha Am.
I've just noticed that the address, e-mail and phone numbers are no longer shown for the hotels as they were in the past. This information is often missing from the hotel voucher and some of us like to contact the hotel prior to arrival to confirm they have our booking. Having just booked for November I have searched the net for the phone number of an hotel but had no luck. I am fortunate in that I can ask local friends to get the number or even confirm for me but many people are unable to do this.
Hi Toni,

Your review will no doubt be the latest for that hotel therefor it will show on the resort page atm please read my post a bit further up for more detail :)
Everyone else,

As for the other comments I don't have time to answer them all but I'm going to change the report reviews so you can comment. I will also add a button so you can report any hotel issues, name changes etc.

Please bare in mind though that with the sheer amount of content we have there are bound to be some human errors, the content is never going to be perfect as much as we'd like it to be. And with user reviews we cannot physically check and research that everything is factually correct.

Cheers, Phil
Sorry Phil, you may like your mind to be bare but you'll have to bear in mind that most of us prefer at least to cover the essentials. :rofl
Apologies I was writing my reply from my phone.

Glad you picked up on the most important part :)

Locking this thread now as there is no more to add.

Cheers, Phil
Aslemma wrote:
Sorry Phil, you may like your mind to be bare but you'll have to bear in mind that most of us prefer at least to cover the essentials. :rofl
Judith wrote:
Aslemma you are wicked :rofl :rofl

I thought the post was rather impolite to be honest, especially when, Aslemma had said the following in an earlier post

Aslemma wrote:
Most of us can live with the odd grammatical or spelling error but facts are a different matter. :roll:
Miss Pink wrote:
Sorry to ask again, but my Review for the Hotel & Resort Riveria, Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain, was on here and now they are not, I mentioned earlier you said you were looking into but that was a while back and not mentioned again :que

Hi again,
I havent forgotten about you, dont worry :-) I have been looking into this for you, thanks for your replies regarding the resort. Please can you tell me the name it was listed under, Miss Pink? or something else? and the date of departure.

When we took over HT, there was and still is an enormous amount of work to
be done to get it all up to scratch, which unfortunately included a lot of
reviews that were posted over the last two years to be put into a pending
table to be vetted. This is something I am working on, and the reviews
will be live again soon. They are all in the database and have not been deleted.
Hope this helps explain things for you, although I can only go through them
as fast as I can, but be assured, I'm working on it.

If you could let me know the name and dept date, (pm me please if thats ok :-) ) then ill get it looked at further.

Thanks, Kind regards,
Lisa :)
Judith wrote:
The picture that you have for the Regent Cha Am, Beach Resort and Spa, Cha Am/Hua Hin, Thailand is incorrect, the hotel is not a high rise hotel.
The Hotel has a new name it is now The Holiday Inn Resort, Regent Beach, Cha Am.

Judith,

Steve is looking into this for you. Thanks for letting me know.

Lisa
Aslemma wrote:
I've just noticed that the address, e-mail and phone numbers are no longer shown for the hotels as they were in the past. This information is often missing from the hotel voucher and some of us like to contact the hotel prior to arrival to confirm they have our booking. Having just booked for November I have searched the net for the phone number of an hotel but had no luck. I am fortunate in that I can ask local friends to get the number or even confirm for me but many people are unable to do this.

Aslemma,

Yes, the addresses have been removed at the moment, but this is something that was being looked into as part of the process of updating everything.
The addresses will be back soon.
I would advise though, if anyone is trying to contact the hotel prior to departure, as you have stated that you do, and the address is not on your holiday vouchers, to contact the company you have booked with to confirm the address.

Thanks
Lisa
Aslemma wrote:
each needs to be checked for grammar, spelling, changing all the 'tx talk' and checking the content is appropriate to be posted, and this is of course taking time.

Perhaps it would be more useful and less time-consuming to check for accuracy. I was less than impressed to note that my last review of an hotel in Tunisia is purportedly for the Chems El Hana - the only one of the three adjacent Hana hotels in which I have not stayed in 13 years of visiting Sousse, instead of the Hana Beach. This is, of course, only one review amongst many, but it does not inspire confidence that it may not be symptomatic of the standard of 'checking' which is taking place and taking so long.. Most of us can live with the odd grammatical or spelling error but facts are a different matter. :roll:

Hi,
In answer to these comments/ questions made regarding my quote, I am looking into your reviews being in the wrong places. If you are finding things in the wrong places, please just let us know, we will be happy to look into them and get them sorted. There is no need to criticise the hard work that’s going into HT.

We check for accuracy when editing the hotel details, which is a massive undertaking. And as so many members are concerned by the rate in which the reviews are being added, I am focusing on that. (As well as many other things!)

Kind regards,
Lisa
Lisa wrote:
Judith wrote:

Judith,

Steve is looking into this for you. Thanks for letting me know.

Lisa

Hi Judith,

This has now been sorted. Thanks
Lisa
Hi Lisa

The picture you have used for the Tropicana Jasmine in Sharm is a very old and long outdated representation, that part was totally gutted and renovated about 5 years ago and now looks nothing like the picture you have used, I thought you had the wrong hotel at first :D

That area now looks like this

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8389/8470807602_cd30907657.jpg
Tropicana Jasmine by Big-Graham, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8091/8469714355_ef6f65d119.jpg
Tropicana Jasmine Night by Big-Graham, on Flickr
Hi Kiltman,

Thanks so much for the photos, great shots like this are perfect :-) Wish I could jump in that pool right now! :cheers
I'll get these updated and live on the hotel today.
Thanks for the update on this hotel, keep them coming! :wave
Photos updated, thanks again :-)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.