Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
What is the minimum invoice value, maybe somebody who works for a tour op can enlighten us. It does not cost more money to do a change for 1 or 3 persons and the charge should be per booking and not per person which is a nice little earner for the tour op. I have always been willing to pay a admin fee to cover the costs of making the change but object when its used to boost profits.
I recently flew with first choice. I picked the tickets up at the airport and my title and intial was wrong. My surname was right. I pointed it out to the person who gave me the tickets. They said that it didnt matter to them, as long as my surname was right. So first choice had me down as a man with my name starting with a C. No one questioned it. At the check in I pointed out to the check in girl that it was a mistake and she said it didn't matter and happens all the time. I was abit surprised by this to be honest.
I think we need to differentiate between a Tour Op that uses it's own airlines, and a Tour Op that uses scheduled changes.

For the latter, name changes are at the discretion of the airline, any charges are per person, and there is a lot of paperwork involved (if it is allowed at all).

Likewise they have to say they should correct minor changes when noticed because technically airlines will not allow you board with the wrong title, or even 1 wrong letter. In reality though they often wave you through.

So many rules, complications and scenarios, definitely not one hard and fast rule across the industry, that's what often makes it so frustrating to outsiders.
I had to change a name on my booking when we went to Crete with Kosmar they only charged me £20.
As an example.

Some years ago the company I worked for calculated the cost of producing an invoice at £25.00.

The item you supply may be a holiday, car or a house but whatever you sell involves many people/services and the end product is just an invoice.

All the things along the line are costs.

fwh
On another point, about 41 years ago, my wife changed her name to mine and I paid 7/6p (37.5p).

She has since cost a bloody fortune.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh! dear Parky - I'm sure that that is not politically correct, but i made me laugh out loud!! Jenny x :lol:
Ha ha ha Parky, I know its off subject, but we paid 7/6d too 40 yrs ago but dont you think she's earned it with interest & inflation being the head cook and bottle washer. Made me laugh good style :lol: :rofl .cheers Jayjan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.