Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Bob

We have stayed here a few times, all the rooms have a balcony with a pool view and are pretty much the same, the only ones that are different are the ones over looking the river and they have air conditioning. There are 4 blocks altogether all surrounding the pool. The Riverside Guest House is the beach side of the river and the Regency is directly opposite, over the other side of the river, they are both right next to the bridge, which used to be the ugly box bridge. Last time I was there it was the Son 'Savio' running the Regency and his Mum running the guest house (don't know if things have changed now though). We love it and are going back on March 1st.

Hope this helps. 8)

Donna
XX
Thanks Donna

I would like an A/C room but Tracy doesn't like it because of the noise, so a pool view will do for us
Hulls your lady is a woman after my own heart :wink: I am the exact same :lol:
I agree about the noise too. :wink: All the other rooms have ceiling fans, we found that was good enough, as long as you don't have it on full speed then it starts to rattle and shake a bit. :lol:

Donna
XX
Where exactly is the Riverside Regency ?? It says it is Arpora, but then mentions the Baga bridge being close by, We are going to be staying at the Lagoa Azul, and a friend is considering coming aswell, but can only get a single occ room at the Riverside, so we were trying to work out where it is.

Can someone help ?
The Riverside Regency is by the Baga bridge [Arpora side of bridge]
Riverside Hotel [Baga side of bridge] both in the same area but
seperated by the bridge hope this helps :que
ann
Thank you Ann, have you stayed at any of these hotels ?
No haven,t stayed there but close by at The Royal Goan Monterio,so passed them when walking
to the beach via the bridge,not to far to walk to Baga beach from there
Ann :)
I've stayed at them both, the guest house (beach side of the bridge) twice and the regency (arpora side of the bridge) 3 times and we have booked to go back in February next year for 3 weeks to the regency. I love it there, it is very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. :cheers

Donna
XX
Found an excellent deal with Olympic holidays. Flying with Monarch :yikes , but for the price i cant complain.

We planned to go on the 26th, but found this cheaper on Sat 24th Jan.

I know where the riverside regency is, because we stayed at the riverside guest house in Jan 08. We loved the guest house, and from what i have been reading the guest house is run by a lady, and the regency is run by her son? Is there more space in the regency, as we were falling over each other in our room with there being 3 of us.

thanks very much,

Nicola
I have just heard that block D is to be avoided. Someone said they booked a family room (3adults), but they were placed in block D, and they just put the third bed at the side of the twin beds, which meant no space to walk around.
But after they spoke to the manager they moved them to block C, which had more space.

Is there anything else i should know ? :)

thanks

nicola
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.