Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks for that GFF. will need to pop in and see him. Who will be managing the Oceanic this year do you know? I know it was Robin last year cos Anthony was away doing his jungle trips!
Hi Gemma,

Not sure who'll be managing this year, the shack hasn't even been built yet. I saw one of the brothers that owns Oceanic at the Diwali Festival - he reckons that they'll be another 10 to 15 days.

GFF xx
Jay says the shack should be open the first week in November. My partner (nurse) had to give Robin the last in a course of Hepatitus injections last Feb cos his girlfriend (also nurse) wasn't around to do it for him. :shock: Great Piccy's GFF x
Ray - glad you like the pics.

Forgot to mention where Sendra is located. It's right next door to Dominos Pizza in Calangute.

GFF xx
Thanks GFF we will definitely pop in and see Robin. Ray ive text Jay but not heard back from him yet. do you know if he got married. Ive asked him numerous times and hes not answered my question!!! We were supposed to go back out to go to the wedding, but didnt have enough holidays left and we were going to Portugal around the same time.
Thanks for that GFF. Yes Gemma, Jay married the girl from the village next to Shangri La, My neice went to the wedding. Like you Gemma, I didn't have anymore holidays to take. I dont think there is any mobile reception in the village which might be why you've not heard from him. Maybe have to wait till the start of Nov when he's back in Baga (if he comes back!) He might decide to stay at Shangri La if they are running more than one trip a week. 8)
I hope Jay does come back to the oceanic again this season. Have you heard from him Ray? ive not text him for a few weeks so will text again over the next couple of days see what he is up to.
No, not heard a thing! I'll try get in touch tonight if I can (on nights :( ) and let you know.
Thanks Ray. :D We have text Jay again today so we will see what happens. If you hear anything maybe you can let me know thanks. Ive said in the text that we arrive next Monday and will come to see him (providing he is still at the Oceanic of course).
We went along to see Rovin at the restaurant he is now running in Calangute. Its called Sendra and its next door to Domino Pizza. Food was great and very reasonably priced.
We each had a starter - grilled prawns and chicken satay. for the main course we both had chicken tikka masala with boiled rice, plain and keema nan. Each of us had a vanilla ice cream and two drinks each - two large honey bee brandies with sprite and two diet cokes oh and a bottle of water. The bill cost 595 rps. Fabulous value I thought. Also a band playing and they were very good. On a monday night he has a BBQ nite on with a magic show. will be calling again when we return in February.
:D we are here on holiday now :D we have eaten in sendras and all i can say the staff are brilliant, food is delicious clean ,cant do enough for you recomend this to anyone oh and its so cheap :P
Thats great you enjoyed it as well totty. I think quite a few folk from the Oceanic having been going to see Rovin and try out the restaurant as well of course. We will definitely return in February. I can take the chicken tikka masale just now mmmmm :D
Oops sorry that should read " Can TASTE the chicken tikka masala"
Getting a new keyboard today honest!!!! :)
it's almost 3 years since i was at oceanic shack , but is robin the little one!!the name rings a bell but i'm awful with names.will be visting sendra anyway!! :D :D
Hi Salucy. I would say Rovin is about 30. He is thin with a sort of oriental look. He was at the Oceanic for years. Thats great your going to Sendra for a drink/meal. Its really nice and very cheap. Its next door to Domino Pizza in Calangute. We told him we would give his place a right good plug when we got back to the UK! He is a lovely person and deserves a chance to make his business a success. Have a fab time :D
thanks hun!!yeah we will defo give it a try.roll on feb 22nd!! :D :D
We return back from Goa on 18th February so we will just miss you Salucy. However we will tell Rovin to expect some more new customers sometime after 22nd February. Enjoy yourself :D
lol yeah thanks gemma.Don't tell him we're bonkers though!! :D
Hi Gemma33,
Do you have any news abot Rovin fron Sendra?? The past couple of days when I've passed by there I've noticed a blackboard outside that says "Under New Management" I hope he hasn't lost the business :(

GFF xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.