Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
TA have 101 reviews which should keep you busy for a while. Somewhat mixed but very good reviews on the whole.

Have a look Here
Already seen the TA site, which was why i wasnt sure about the place. As you say, mixed reviews so i was hoping someone had just returned from the place and could tell me which reviews are right.

Never been to Greece before, lots of friends recommend it so we will definately be going there, its just where to stay!! The deal offered at this hotel seems too good to be true!

Thanks for the reply,

Mick.
welcome to the greek forums of HT
I don't know if we are talking of the same property .but the Rhodos palace hotel that i know of is a whacking great tower block forming a 5 star resort....

yasus
wizard
Wizard has got the right place. I haven't stayed there but have eaten in the a la carte restaurant and used the bar. Its an odd one as it doesn't really feel like a resort hotel, more like the Hilton Park Lane circa 1970 (not that I would know). That said, I have no idea about pool areas and rooms etc. just a general impression of the public areas being opulent but dated.
Wizard has got the right place i think.

We managed to get a deal for a week for £300 each, which seems really good value so decided to go for it, although the mixed reviews worry me a touch. 5 star in Greece is not the same as the UK but as a base to explore from, somewhere to sleep and half board too it seemed too good to miss.

I will update when we return in October!!!! Thanks for the comments and help,

Mick.
Sounds like you have an excellent deal, especially given the cost of some flights to Rhodes. The half board will be a good quality and the service should be good. You are also in a good location to explore the island and a quick taxi or bus ride away from Rhodes Town, which is lovely. No long transfers either.
Just got back from ixia last night, and although we didnt stay in rodos palace, we did visit there for mrs.tipsy's massage at their spa, so got to have a look around.
From what I saw, its looks really nice. Pool area good, and looks like they have some great entertainment on.
Enjoy.
OO, the spa there is brilliant!!
Tipsy, thank you very much, i keep going and pricing up our stay again and im pleased to say it looks like we got a real bargain. Its nice to hear from someone who has seen the hotel and been there though. Thanks again,
mick.
we went to view a few places, we were staying in kassandra apartments in trianda, which, people have ripped to bits on various fourms, but have to say we found brilliant!! ~But will put on a full report when we're back down to earth.
But like I said, I wanted mrs. tipsy to have a special spa treatment for her birthday, so we looked around Amathus Beach, Capsis, Miramare, Hilton etc, and for value and quality I thought the rodos palace :cheers was great.
You'll have a great time, just get out and about if you can, its a wonderful base to explore, and we cant wait to go back - thats not something we ever do.
Enjoy.!! :cheers
Have stayed at Rodos Palace many times - we live in Greece and often go to Rhodes for shopping and for a change of pace. Friendly, opulent lobby, lovely swimming pool area with palm trees etc. Food pretty good for a large hotel, not an English 5* but fine all the same. Air conditioning does work, but you MUST keep the balcony doors closed! Very relaxed atmosphere and we have never ever been woken up with any noise, though have never stayed there in August.
Hi, thanks for the info. I feel a bit happier about booking into here now, some of the reviews were a bit old but not very complimentary.
Thanks again for the info, roll on October!!

Mick.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.