Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Romania flights
5 Posts
stace1983,

I think Wizz are your best bet. I've looked at flying to Bucharest in the past and priced up Air France / KLM and Lufthansa via their hubs and Wizz were always the cheapest followed by Easyjet. You could also try German Wings from Stansted via Cologne Bonn, but it won't be as cheap as Wizz and you've the hassle for transferring and it's a few hours longer. British Airways are about £250 return from Heathrow.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo, my other halfs dad lives in Bucharest and uses Wizz so I guessed they must be the cheapest direct. I am surprised at how expensive the flights are, we thought we would have a nice cheap break staying somewhere a bit different for free! ;) may have to rethink now tho. :cry
Hi, my son is going to Bucharest to see some friends in July, so I've looked at the prices. He actually booked Wizz air, though it means driving down to Luton, and since then KLM have reduced their prices! It means a transfer in Amsterdam, but the timings are quite good, and it's about £140 each. Still not cheap, but no "extras" to add on.
kate
Blue Air also fly a few times a week from Stansted to Bucharest.

Also BA and Tarom fly from Heathrow, may not be cheap but if your being quoted £200 by Wizz they still may be competitive.

Easyjet used to fly from Gatwick, I got a return with baggage for £50! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.