Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Love the photo and the others- especially the sunset one with the balloons over the Nile :)
They're all early morning shots Fiona - the balloons go up for the sunrise when there is less breeze.

The day we went up in August we started off heading towards the Valley of the Kings but were carried towards the East Bank, almost ending up in electricity pylons. Our captain had to lose gas and get us down quite fast, shouting and haranguing his ground crew who were hanging onto the guide ropes for dear life - while trying to avoid the local farmer's crops!

We ended up in a lady's backyard but she was very pleased as I understand they get paid if you land on their property.

I heard the Captain say a word I recognised into his walkie-talkie and that was "mushkilla" which means "problem" - that got me looking around quickly to see what that problem was. When I saw where we were headed, the camera was safely stored and slung around my neck so I had both hands free - just in case we needed the crash position!

It was great fun! :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.