Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
:lol: Hi we have just booked to go to the marina skorpios corfu hotel in july i have read alot of good reviews on this hotel but a holiday is what you make it people like diffrent things so best to go with a open mind :lol: janet
We are also booked for the first two weeks in July.All of the reviews for these hotels are excellent,but i agree a holiday is what you make of it. :lol:
:lol: hi how many of you going there is 4 adults and 2 children 15 and 9 :lol: janet
There are 2 adults and 2 children(ages almost 7 and 3 1/2). Are you going the same 2 weeks.We fly out on the 30th june.Steve
:lol: hi we fly out on saturday 30th so we will probley see you there :lol: janet
Yet another good review on Hotel Review's for The Marina Corfu has been posted!
:lol: hi i have seen some good reviews and some good photos of the hotel, who have you booked with we have booked with thomas cook this year normally we book independently but could not get anyone to match thomas cooks price and they have very good flight times also could have extra luggage allowance :lol: janet
We booked with Direct holidays. It worked out cheaper than booking flights and Hotel online.Flight times are good too,arrive there at midday.
:lol: we arrive about about 5 oclock have you got a family room :lol: janet
Just checked our booking, we have a twin room that sleeps 4 adults.
:lol: have you been to cala -dor before, we have not but my brother who is going with us has and he says its very nice also we know someone whos been to this hotel and she said its very nice but she went when it was all halfboard so i hope it as not changed much since going all- inclusive :lol: janet
Stayed in Cala D'or once before but not in this hotel. We where on the other side of the marina. Its a lovely holiday town and not too far from Cala Egos. A train brings you from our hotel to Cala D'or or a taxi is only 5 Euro going by reports in Hotel Reviews.
:lol: have you done all-inclusive before :lol: janet
Hi :wave

We were in the Skorpios in October which is the sister hotel to the Corfu and share a lot of the facilities.
Both hotels are very nice, well maintained and very clean with excellent staff.
You have a good and varied selection of food available at meal times and also snacks (ice lollies, burgers, filled rolls, chicken nuggets, chips etc) available throughout the day.
Drinks (soft & alcoholic plus tea & coffee) are also available all day from the bars in both the hotels.

The 2 hotels sit on either side of a really lovely small sandy beach and cove, you can hire deck chairs on the beach if you wish.

The entertainment area is situated just behind the beach between the hotels beside the large main pool. The animation team do a good job with activities going on throughout the day.

If you want to a quiet place to chillout at anytime with a coffee or a drink go to the patio above the bar and through from the reception at the Skorpios where you will find a lovely small terrace with large comfy chairs.

I have also a small amount more info here - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=84249&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Graham
Janet,
this is my third time to go all-inclusive and we think its much better value compared to self catering.
Steve.
:lol: hi thanks graham for your reports it sounds nice steve we have done all inclusive twice now once in salou and i said i would never do it again because the hotel we stayed in was lovley except the english fighting between them selfs then my other half wanted to try all inclusive again so i said ok but not mainland spain so we went to turkey a place called belek the hotel and food was fantastic so we decided to do it again but my brother has not been on all inclusive and he does not know if its for him well he will find out one way or another :lol: janet
Hi Janet,
i think going by all reports that this Hotel will be top class!
Steve.
Hi again

Have you seen the marina hotels website ? CLICK HERE for more info and pictures.

Remember to also check the drop down box on the left for more pictures via the Skorpios link.

Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.