Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Steve

Girlfriend and I were in Jamaica last October, this was our first visit and we had a fantastic time. Unable to comment on your hotel Steve as we stayed further down the coast at Ocho Rios.

As for trips we went on four, all organised through our rep, they were Dunns River Falls, Martha Bray rafting, Horse riding in the sea and swimming with dolphins, we had a great time on all them, dolphin swim was expensive though!

I am sure all of you will have a fantastic time especially as you are getting married out there. Jamaican people are very friendly and there favourite saying is "everything ire man".

Any other info you want just ask and I will try and answer for you.

Nick
Welcome to HT Steve :wave

You'll find reviews HERE and the hotel website HERE.

Hope that helps for now.

Pippy :D
My boyfriend and I spent 2 weeks at the Royal Decameron in December. We got there on Chritsmas Day. We had a fantastic time. The entertainment staff were great and so were the bar staff including Demar. The food was enjoyable. In the buffet restaurant,they served different food each night, Mexican, Jamaican, Chinese. The dancers were very good. If you want to away from the bussle around the main pool there is a quiet pool.
We liked our garden cottage. The problem is everyone wants a beachfront cottage and there are only so many. Some people end up complaining that they haven't got a beach facing cottage. They can't please everyone and that shouldn't spoil the holiday. The hotel allocate them on a first come first serve basis.

You have to wake up early if you want to take advantage of snorkling or scuba diving trips. I can thoroughy recommend this hotel.

As for trips. Well where do I start. Dunns river is the most popular, but if you would like to climb a beautiful waterfall which isn't as busy :D as Dunns River then I'd recommend Mayfield falls . Negril is a must as it has a beautiful seven mile beach and the sunsets there are amazing. A visit to Bob Marley's birth place, Nine Mile, in a jeep, is a good trip. Near the hotel is the green grotto caves. YS falls/ the rum factory is another good trip.

There are so many beautiful places to visit in Jamaica, you may just have to go there more than once. :D
HI, off to this hotel on Monday, can anyone tell me if you have to pay extra for the hire of the tennis equipment. Thanks Mishie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.