Travel News

A place to discuss news related to the travel industry
According to the Irish Times, lalpa claim that 700 pilots have left Ryanair in the last financial year.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/over-700-pilots-left-ryanair-in-last-financial-year-ialpa-claims-1.3225145

Sanji x
All the cancellations have now been released & can be viewed HERE
Very weird listening to O'Lery apologising and being sincere on the radio earlier. Due to their stance and their attitude of pay or lump it, the press have and will continue to absolutely hammer them to pieces for this..
OMG- that is some list when you see them all at one go. I can't see how this wont have a long term effect on Ryanair. Easyjet ,BA and other LCCs will be rubbing their hands in glee.
Easyjet is actually getting good reviews nowadays.
I booked on ryanair to go to my friends wedding in poland i just got email that my flight is cancelled from ryanair i am a best man what the heck shall i do now this year has been terrible for my travels first love holidays now ryanair whats next my barbados flight for xmans will collapse too lol
You can get a refund from Ryanair.

What date & where can you fly from & to which Polish airport?
I have flights to the UK booked with them for the beginning of December, hopefully they will have got this mess sorted by then.

After hearing all of the negative reports about their product during the first few years that they were operating I never chose to fly with them, but when they started to fly to Stansted from my local airport for amazingly low prices I started to use them on a regular basis and have been flying with them every couple of months for about six years now. Twice there were problems out of Ryan Air's control and both times they were sorted to our satisfaction. Using the airline has saved us a small fortune in fares . They have always had a poor reputation but this latest fiasco is unbelievable and they totally deserve the hammering the are getting from the press.
I feel sorry for those affected, especially when there is no nearby alternative.
I've never had my flight cancelled, whereby it's cancelled and that's it, tough luck. My flight was cancelled on arrival at Donny airport at 4-30 am for an early morning flight to Spain. We were bussed halfway across the country to Coventry and still there at 6pm.
We also got caught up in the ash cloud fiasco with Dave running out of medication and we had no idea from one hour to the next (and neither did Thomson) how we were getting back to the UK (plane or coach)...a lesson learnt that holiday to take extra supplies of medication in future.

The BBC are still spinning the story of pilots taking holidays. The pilots who are still working for O'leary are maxxed out in legal flying hours. He's probably had them working flat out in July/August.
I'm sure there are pilots who fly the 737's aircraft who are employed by agencies and would be willing to give up their free time for the right price.

Facebook is full of angry people vowing never to fly with RA again. I think it's a despicable practice to fly someone out of the UK and inform them at very short notice that their return flight is cancelled.... literally abandoning them abroad.

I know during the ash cloud fiasco that people who'd done DIY, they were kicked out of apartments and on the streets. We had booked a package holiday and we were able to stay in the hotel. Amidst the chaos, Thomson treat us very well.

I won't deny that seeing the eejit squirming and eating a bit of humble pie, it gave me great satisfaction, but I feel like saying, "nothing to see here, move along", because O'leary knows that once this has blown over, all those who vow never to fly with this cowboy company again, they will when he dangles bargain basement prices at them.

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-09-21 21:27:06
    Typo error
Ryanair won't worry about the cost of this problem , and have in the past also ridden out any problems , adverse publicity etc .
The longer term though this time is not so easy as there is now more competition and choice , Norwegian have grown quickly and Jet 2 have a bigger presence at Stansted , both of these airlines operate with Boeings so easier for pilots to move , it might take time to recover this time for Ryanair , and it basically invalidates the program it's being running for the last few years of " always getting better " .

Lots of media analysis over this , but did see this this quip .

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/09/19/ryanair-offer-sincere-apology-for-e5-per-passenger/#FB-Comments
It gets better !! First we cancel your flight , then you go to rebook and if you want to add luggage or select seat as per your original booking you have to PAY AGAIN for the extras .
I've heard of BOGOF , but now we have BOPT .... Buy one pay twice .

Always getting better .

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/ryanair-passengers-told-to-pay-twice-for-extras-when-rebooking-36150515.html
When you're in a hole, it's best to stop digging.
So what does the eejit do today? He reverts back to his bullying, blasé and bombastic ways, (the Mr 'nice' period didn't last long)..... and he insults the pilots again.

He seems to think that he can run an airline without pilots, just like the dim Jeremy Hunt, who thinks he can run the NHS without doctors and nurses.
The little gobshiite was mouthing off a few weeks ago, saying that the British Government don't know what they're doing (Brexit) 😁 kettle, pot, black!

If it wasn't for the fact it would wreck a lot of completely innocent consumer's holidays, I'd love it if the pilots all told him to go and get stuffed, and watched his business go t*ts up.

And spare a thought for the cabin crew, they are bullied too. Sales before safety?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2a612rt.png

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-09-21 22:44:17
    Typo error
Im wondering why Ryanair is offering a bonus of 12,000 euros to pilots if what they do is so easy and not that stressful either according to MoL

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/910802221738151936

He really doesn't value his staff , doesn't care about his passengers , and every day this carries on its starting to unravel how Ryanair really do operate and while it is able to withstand the financial hit I think its reputation will hit an all time low and affect it quite severely . Other airlines have kept very quiet , no doubt their CEOs are getting on running things in a professional way , but MoL is never short of an opinion about other airlines when they have problems or how they operate .

Always getting better ...... At what ??
I rang my friend in Denmark today as she is due to fly with them from Billund to Stansted next month. She said that both her flights were OK as she hadn't had an e-mail and her husband had checked. I only hope they stay that way. 😕
We flew to Malaga this morning. Everybody had right good chuckle when the pilot said...
"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard Tom xxxx flight to Malaga....blah, blah blah.
He finished off by saying.......

Enjoy your flight and thankyou for choosing Thomson and not Ryanair. :rofl
( That's my kind of sarcastic humour) 😁

Sanji x
No doubt I bet the pilot was pleased that they had also chosen Thomson rather than Ryanair to work for 😉
Ryanair is emailing passengers impacted by its flights cancellations offering them a £40 voucher towards a future flight.

The gesture, which is on top of the EU compensation that passengers are entitled to, comes with 'deepest apologies' for the disruption, which Ryanair blamed on a 'mess up' over pilots leave.

But the voucher can only be used for travel from October 1 to March 20 2018, and does not include the popular Christmas or New Year period.

Signed by chief executive Michael O'Leary, the email says the airline has set up a separate team to handle EU261 claims.

It finishes by saying: "Rest assured there will be no repeat of last week's roster related flight cancellations."

Courtesy of Travelmole
Wow! How generous and customers have plenty time to use the voucher. How thoughtful of them . Sometimes it's better to stop trying to make things worse.

Shocking Andy isn't it? 😱

If I hadn't already booked for June I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable booking with them now!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.