General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
safes
12 Posts
Hey,

Safe costs will depend on where you are staying. Some hotels offer Safety deposits boxes for free. In Turkey last year it cost us about £4 for the week to use the safe in the room.

Regards - Claire
i know when we went to menorca it was expensive to hire a safe. and it wasn't much cheaper when we went to corfu. but i felt safer hiring one. when we went to sharm in egypt it was free which was a bonus. medot.xx
£20.00 for 2 weeks we just paid and you can just about fit a camera and a cpl of purses in :wink:

This was Turkey by the way {Icmeler} think we paid the same last year in the Melita.

Regards,

TIMUK.
I paid 44 Euros plus 5 Euros refundable deposit for 2 weeks in Lanzarote (22 Euros for 1 week) :shock: The safe was tiny, could just about fit the camcorder, camera, passports, documents, phone and wallet in. AND it was right on the floor of the wardrobe under a very low shelf, so I had to crawl on the floor to get stuff in and out every day :lol: Glad nobody took a photo of me doing that!
It's advisable NOT to keep your receipt for the safe fee in the safe, as this is, in effect, your proof of insurance which is provided under the terms of the safe rental.
Our safe at the Conrad, Sharm, was free.
Hi Pippy,
A nice "perk"- but it raises the question who, if anybody, provided insurance cover for your valuables whilst in the safe? O.K., your travel insurance and maybe your home contents policy ( if extended to cover valuables whilst abroad) would give you cover, but a claim on either of these would be likely to lead to increased premiums next year.
I know it's something you don't want to be bothered with when you've just arrived at your hotel on holiday, but it does make you think, doesn't it?
Have to say it's not something I've ever thought about :?
99 times out of 100 you go away, use the safe at your hotel and come back with all your valuables intact ( plus one or two new ones if you're like my wife ) but it would be interesting to know the situation re. free safes just in case we're ever in the position to go to a posh hotel with free safes!
Anyone have a foolproof way of knowing if your personal safe has been opened in your absence...bar a strand of hair as in the films!
Went to hotel in dom rep and had to pay for safe.Going sharm this year and safe free. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.