Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi there,

I've just come back from Tunisia last weekend and me and my partner did the Sahara 2-day tour. Have to say its defo worth doing although you will be knackered after it!

Our tour rep was medhotels so we booked through them at the hotel. It cost us 135 dinar each which is about £54. This included the coach journey, guide, overnight stay in Douz, lunch and dinner on first day and brekkie and lunch on second day. Note drinks are not included. It also included the camel ride in the desert so we didnt pay extra for this.

What we did pay extra was the 4x4 jeep ride where we saw the natural oasis in the desert and also climbed in to the mountains (there is a path so its not a hard walk or anything). This part cost us 35 dinar (£14) each and lasted 3 hours although it didnt seem it coz you're out and about aswell as driving. Some people didnt do this 4x4 extra so they basically spent the 2nd day in a hotel bar where the coach was parked.

Straight after this there is the horse and cart trip. It lasts about 45min - 1hr and costs 5 dinar (£2) each. My partner and I didnt do this so we went for a walk around the main shopping street instead. Others who did do it had mixed feelings on it.

We paid the 135 dinars to the rep in the hotel but the 4x4 jeep ride and horse and cart we paid on the coach to the tour guide after he explained it all to us.

As I said its a worthwhile trip and you get talking to loads of different people which is nice. We had fun so I would recommend it!
Thanks summerdays,

The tour i'm looking to book include the 4x4 jeep ride, but doesn't include the camel ride in Douz and the horse and cart ride around Tozeur Oasis.

The tour operator is quoting 100 Euros for the tour.
20 Euro for the Camel ride
10 Euro for the Horse and Cart

The tour price sounds about right, it's the extras i'm thinking is too expensive.

That's why I was wondering is it something we can pay locally when we get there.
Have done this trip twice,last time was 3 years ago,then it was all included ,horse and cart,lizard train and camel in desert,cost us £65 ,now it looks like all extras for these,so I would definetly do the camel ride to see the sun set in the desert was the highlight for us,but remember its hot on the ride out but once the sunset it went freezing straight away!.meals and hotels were good,no complaints
OURS WAS ALL INCLUDED TOO - IF YOU HAVE TO PAY SEPARETLEY, DEF DO THE CAMEL RISE, BUT WOULDN'T BOTHER WITH HORSE AND CART....

*Edit as per T&C please do not post with caps lock on thanks Briar
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.