Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
I know you've read my report and I would really recommend the trips I did outwith the ciy. If you do then you would need 4 days. The Cu Chi tunnels trip- the first visit to the temple took half the day so if you wanted to cut down then you could just visit the tunnels- but I loved the whole day :D We did spend an afternoon relaxing by the pool( I was suffering from labyrinthitus at the time and had to pace myself) but we missed the Palace as it was closed at the time.
We did feel that we had covered the main attractions in that time.
We were there for 3 nights but we were on an overland tour with local guides. It made finding attractions a lot easier and obviously transportation was included.

I would say 4 nights should be plenty. It is just a great city to wander around, there is always something happening somewhere.

Visit the Sheraton hotel and go up to the top floor for a cocktail and the best views of the city. Beware, the drinks are not cheap but the view is free.
Hi Shirley

I would say 3/4 days as well. it depends when you arrive and regarding Fiona's report especailly the bit about the traffic she was absolutely right its goes against everything you have every learnt about crossing the road. :roll:

Regards Jules
thanks all of you , i think we will stay for four nights, any hotel recommendations? :)
We don't think we've stayed in a better hotel than this one.
Stick within District 1 for your hotel- best for night time. During the day we took taxis almost everywhere because of the heat and humidity and also to avoid crossing roads :lol: At night if you're in didtrict 1 you are in walking distance of a great range of restaurants and bars.
I have now booked my trip and we are staying 4 nights, bearing in mind we arrive early evening and leave at 5 am , we actually have 3 days there, will do the tunnels trip and mekong delta, really looking forward to it.

Any tips re eating places would be welcome, thanks , shirley. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.