Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Salary in Goa
10 Posts
The average salary for whom you describe is about 5000 to 10000 rps per month depending on where they are working.

John
Oh my - is that for full time !!
I know that the security guard at our apartment block earns 120rps for a 12 hour day shift and 150rps for a 12 hour night shift. He works 7 day shifts and 2 night shifts every week, yes he works a 9 shift week and he is 65 years old.
I think this puts over-tipping into perspective. What is just a couple of quid to us can be several days wages to the recipient.
One of the shack lads was telling us that during the "closed" season, he works as a builder for 200rps a day!!!! :yikes
India fashions itself as the "Tiger Economy" with interest rates of 8% and growth approaching 9%.
The Indian prime minister says "tough decisions will have to be made to reach 9% growth."

To put things into perspective the UK growth rate is somewhere between 0.5% - 0.7%.
Some pundits reckon it's lower than that and is actually contracting.

Perhaps we should abolish the minimum wage and pay unskilled workers 200p per day.
Maybe then we might turn our economy round and become one of the major economies in the world.
We would then be able to give aid to countries like India & Pakistan - oh wait a minute we do that already. :que
Thanks for all your replies. Mainly pure curiosity more than anything and also a little research into how much people actually earn in this part of india.

If anybody has any other information, greatly appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.