Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
las vegas hotel my mate booked for, half borad, good reviews and looks nice in the pics, if i didnt book for benidom next year i would book this hotel, ill wait untill the year after.
Hi Millymol, :D
Salou Scene magazine is not bad, gives you info on bars, eating places etc. hope this helps.
Best Regards, Brigger

P.S Sorry Millymol, forgot to mention Salou Uncovered as well gives you similar info
hi
thank you
i will take a look at the las vegas hotel & salou uncovered
thank you for your help
Hi Millymol
Hotel Calypso at the end of Salou is really good for familys. Weve been 3 times now and i never normally go back to the same hotel twice!
I think its in quite a nice area, not far to some bars and restaurants.
The staff at the Calypso have always made our holidays special so maybe they can for you.
Where ever you choose I hope you have a great time
hi
thank you wheatcrunchie
looked at the calpso looks nice some mixed reviews
do you know if they have there own website also if you dont mind me asking who did you book with
thank you all members for your help
We've just returned from the Caribe resort, one of the theme park hotels and there were lots of families like ours with Nanny and Grandad, parents and children, even uncles and aunts :lol:
Great pools, one with a sandy beach, children's clubs etc and the water and theme park, there is even a beach club with 7 more pools. Free transport is provided to to the beach club and you can either walk right into Salou or get the land train.
Your room key gives you unlimited access to the park and one day in the water park (unlimited later in the year)
We picked up loads of brochures of things to do but to be honest there wasn't enough time (or energy on my part :lol: ) to do most of them.
I found the Caribe to be good value as you don't have to pay out for park tickets or transport to the park on top, the rooms are very nice and clean too and the buffet was great. You can dine around in the other park hotels, in the speciality restaurants you get a 17 euro allowance per adult and 8.50 per child but in the buffets you just pay for your drinks.
My only criticism would be that the drinks are not that cheap.

More info on Salou. http://www.salou.co.uk/IndexUK.htm
hi the salauris palace is central for shops and the beach and is only about 15 mins walk to portaventura. ideal for all.
Hi, a good hotel to suit all your age ranges would be Golden Avenida Hotel. It is a centrally located hotel only about 5 minutes from the shops and bars but it is quiet on a night. There is plenty of entertainment during the day and evening for both adults and kids. The hotel has staff that speak good english and the hotel is also a brithis only hotel.

We have been to this hotel twice and without children and thoroughly enjoyed in both times.

If you want any further info just let me know
Hi Millymol,

We've stayed at 2 of the Port Aventura Hotels (Half Board) and expensive, but I must say that one of my Favourite Hotels in Salou has to be the 'Salauris Palace' and if its available you can book it quite cheaply on their own Web Site -

http://www.H10.es

I've booked 3 nights in May for friends (Couple) on a Half Board basis for 147 Euro's (about £100)..now that would be very hard to beat anywhere in the UK or Ireland !!!

Al the best for the New Year.

Tom
Hi,
The Hotel Calypso is a very good hotel with excellent entertainment you can view it on the Med Playa website also check out the photo gallery where there are some photos of the evening entertainment... :D
We usually go to the Golden Avenida Park. Every room is an apartment with a kitchen, fridge and bathroom as well as a bedroom and sitting area which doubles as a bedroom. We really enjoy it there. Entertainment is superb and it's handy for shops, bars, restaurants and Port Adventura.
There are plenty of hotel reports in our review section HERE

Kath HT Admin
We have stayed at 2 hotels both in Salou, first was the Sol Piramide in 2004 and then Vil.la Romana last year. Both were quite adequate to what we needed. We was expecting the Vil.la Romana to be better than the Piramide but in the end they were both pretty equal. Vil.la Romana is one of closest hotels to theme park. If i was to make a decision though i think i would go back to the Piramide, very nice hotel. Hope it helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.