Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
SALOU IN APRIL
14 Posts
Hiya, we went around this time last year, the weather was generally very nice, quite warm throughout the day, it did go a bit colder at night, we always put a small jacket on. But it is very hard to predict i would say, can be very nice, and can be a bit colder, fingers crossed its nice and hot though.

Most places seemed to be opened as well, although we were in the hotel so didnt spend alot of time around salou town, hope you have a great time.
After easter almost all places are open... I man touristic areas... Downtown everything is open during all year.
Hi Walkers,

We've been going to Salou every year for the past 7 years , always in mid May, and we've always noticed it to be busier in the second week compared to the first, even some hotels only begining to 'open up' for the summer.

Last year however we found it particularly quiet compared to previous years and we put it down to the strenghenen Euro against Sterling as there seemed to be a massive drop in British holiday makers in the area and alot more Irish ! so things could be alot similar this year.

In relation to April, I suppose this doesn't help you much, but I've been to Salou in October (twice) also and although it was very quite, to me it was a fair bit easier to 'enjoy' the area, as the resturants that were open had alot more time for you, and especially travelling on the train to Barcelona which can be 'fairly full' at times.

Anyway, have a great time , and all the best,

Tom
Hi we went in april a couple of years ago and it rained the whole week. and we weren't at our usual hotel, the one we stayed in was full of spanish pensioners having their free holiday. all the entertainment and food was geared towards them so although we were full board we ate out all the time, i have two kids one of whom is extremely fussy.
Hey Walker last week was raining everyday but from friday no more rain here... Probably u'll have quite good sunny weather i can give you weathercasts if you want to :)
Hiya Spanish_80, we are going out on April 21st, would be great if you could keep me posted with what the weather is doing, i check on weather websites but they all seem to have there own opinion on what it will be like!
Thankyou for all your replies . I hope the sun stays out and the rain keeps away. I would love some weather reports from you as every one I go into says something different. Can you advise of any good restaurants to go to, and do they cater for babies who may need a bottle heating?
Hi Im also going to Salou the 23rd april and would be grateful of the weather updates! :D
At this moment 2 last days where sunny in late noon got bit cloudy and a bit colder... at arround 14 we're having arround 20 degrees in the moorning arround 13 :)
Will tell you more during these days and I'll tell u wheathercasts too
the weather in salou can be a bit hit and miss in april we went last year in may and had alot of rain, but the port aventura park is brillant and at least it shouldnt be too busy at the moment, hope you have a great holiday i love salou
Thanks! yea i love Salou too this will be my third time, but the other times i have been it has been June/July so it was very warm! :sun2
On 23rd March 2009 at 07:28pm, walkers said:
Ging to Salou on 13th April. Can anyone advise what the weather will be like and if most places will be open?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.