Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hello

last year we thought we would go somewhere different other than Mallorca and chose Salou - this year we have again booked to go to Mallorca as Salou is lovely, the golden sands are beautiful but we prefer mallorca - this goes for my children as well aged 6 and 15 -

i think its personal choice but wherever you go i am sure you will ahev an amazing time
It is very much down to personal choice. We have been to Salou twice and Majorca more times than I care to remember and Majorca, for us, is the winner. However we do like Port Aventura but have decided that if we ever go back to Salou it would just be for a long weekend to spend at Port Aventura. On our last visit to Salou we thought it looked tired and run down compared to our first visit a few years before and I understand from friends who went last year that this has not improved any.
As has already been said, its personal choice but for me it would be Salou. I like Majorca as well but Salou has more the atmosphere I look for, its not as in your face as Magaluf but not as quiet as somewhere like Puerto Pollensa.

Agreed, some parts of Salou are looking tired, but this is more the northern end of the resort. The central and southern part of the resort are fine so this is the part I go to now, and I find no reason to go to the northern end.

So its Salou for me but if you haven't tried Majorca before then I'd be tempted to say give it a try, its the only way you'll know which you prefer. Salou will still be there next year!!

Just one thing though, Its hard to compare a resort to an entire Island - maybe if you decide what resort in Majorca you are considering it will be easier to do a true comparison.

Have a good holiday :cheers
Mark
I've been to Salou and Majorca, and without a doubt I'd say Salou.
Thanks for all your reply's!!!!!!!

I have booked Salou, sometimes it's better the devil you know :tup. really quite cheap to considering the way things are.
I will try Majorca one day.
SALOU :cheers SALOU :) SALOU :)

you definetely made the right decision, i've been to salou for the past 3 years and this year decided for a change and went to sunny beach bulgaria. Even though we enjoyed it, there was very little to do there and Majorca is quite similar nice place but very little to do. hope you have a ball wish i was going to......... :( :cheers
:wave: hi been to majorca 5 times to palma nova and would say salou is best!! salou has a lot more to do (my opinion)
Salou has more to do, Majorca is nice but not as much to entertain you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.