Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Salou?
15 Posts
Not sure what reviews you have been reading, but I've never found a problem with my visits there.

I'm sure there are areas in this country that suffer from some sort of problem which would make you steer clear.
Providing you are sensible shouldn't be a problem
Remenber, Salou's prime purpose is a Holiday resort. The authorities couldn't afford for anything like you suggest get out of hand

Relax and enjoy your Holiday
:wave
:) hi been there five years in a row and never had any probs. enjoy your holiday!!!!!
Thanks scoop and beermat...i do need to relax and stop worrying ...much appreciated :D
Hello,

I've been to Salou 15 times and never had any problems whatsoever.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen because anyone can be a victim of crime anywhere in the world.

Certainly no worse that anywhere else but just use the same precautions you would at home.

Enjoy your holiday.
Mark757
I have been to Salou loads of times and i have once seen 2 spanish lads fighting, no big fisticuffs just a bit of shoving, they were drunk i think.
I have never encountered big gangs/groups, even if there was the police are around the resort ALOT so would move them on.
As for pickpockets my hubby (who we will call the idiot on this occasion :roll: ) got his wallet taken from his back pocket while he got on a bus, there was only a few euros in it but its not the point. Had he hidden it or put it in my bag it would have been safe 8) :lol:
It certainly never stopped us going back umpteen times after the incident.
Dont worry too much, you could get worse done to you in this country.
Use common sense as you would at home and use the safes in the hotels so that your money and things are safe.But most of all
Have fun xxxxxxx
Where are you staying?
Dont answer that last question :lol:
I just read your other post
Thanks Loulou..all this helps me a lot puts my mind at rest :D
Loulou, A mans wallet is never safe in a womans bag!!! ;)
:D chivas69 i really don't know what you mean by that ha ha my hubby trusts me with his wallet, it's me i don't trust!!!!! all those leather handbags,shoes,perfume and booze. what more could i ask for?????
You can read Salou resort reports HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
be carefull if you go to barcelona town!!

thats the only place i heard/seen pickpockets..

Especially in their bus station! 5 people got their bags/purses stollen within the matter of 5 minutes!

Enjoy : )

VickyDav
Hi vickydav..i was considering going to barcelon..but after hearing its very busy and seen pictures of barcelona and its totally packed with people..i feel with this being my first visit to Salou i may not be so adventuous and go...ive got 2 kids ..one which is 5 and this all may be too much for her ..as well as me :lol:
Personally i wouldnt take her either...

Its a nice place to visit, but i wouldnt go again because of all the theifs...

Portaventura's brilliant! im 18 and i loved it lol:D its for all ages...
Thanks Loulou..all this helps me a lot puts my mind at rest

Good im glad :wink:
Loulou, A mans wallet is never safe in a womans bag!!!

:lol: :lol: how very dare you :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.