Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
as one of ibiza's premier resorts - my mother in law lives there - san an bay is full of top class spanish entertainment. tribute bands, karaoke, quizzes, kids' entertainment parks and more fast food than you can shake a soggy chip at. you'll love it (unless you meet the old bat!)

sdII
ladyl - it should be just up your street. Just take great care with your choice of accomodation, as the bay runs into the town - where loads will be falling down drunk :duh Try and book somewhere at the other end of the bay, where there will still be plenty to keep you all occupied.
Thanks Helen.

Any recommendations of accommodation? I want self catering and a sea view would be ideal (don't want much I hear you say).

Can you name a few places I should stay beside (which end of bay)?

Thanks
Have a look at these to start with - Ses Sevines - we stayed here many years ago, so don't know what it's like now. It was just on the curve of the bay, near the water taxi, and within walking distance of the town if you fancied a change. Also if I remember correctly The Blue Star apartments, and La Sirena1 apartments. Have a look at some of the reviews on here.
try looking at staying in playa den bossa.its very different to san an bay.palm beach would be best for your hotel.superfamily hotel.fiesta hotel group.water park/near airport so dont pay for tranfers,you can walk to ibizatown or bus or ferry boat.plus McDonalds/KFC/Burger King/pizzahut?McDonalds is a little bit of a walk to get to.longest beach bowling alley complex.
weve stayed in the bay 6 times and coming back again this year with the family.

the funparks and funpubs are great although quieter than they used to be.

as long as your accomodation isnt close to young ones falling about drunk then youll be alright.

choose your accomodation very carefully though.

if your about 2 to 3 km out from the town you tend not to see too many young ones around and all the funparks are family only.

i remember going to this part of san antonio bay in the years 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 and from 8pm onwards you couldnt move for people pushing buggies.
We had a good holiday in Ses Savines a few years ago. Good beach location on the strip between San An Town and Bay. The only problem with hotels on the strip is the noise of young people coming back from the town to bay in the early hours this usually went on till about six in the morning. I would think that you would be better in the Bay though I can't recommend accomodation there. We did look at the Hawiai for this year but opted for Fiesta Tanit which is at the other end of San An and am hoping this will be quieter at night.

Good Luck :tup
Fiesta Tanit

very nice.just a small walk into town thats is the only thing.say when your there will you get the name of the apts block thats.just as you look back on yourself when you enter the hotel.i stayed there in 83,forgot its name.only has 8 rooms if i remember.
Loved our stay in Ses Sevines. Brilliant location. Had a beautiful seaview but as Hoggy says theres quite a bit of noise from youngsters walking along the beach after discos. Often woken up around 5am. Didnt spoil our stay there though.
Hi Ladyl,

We have been to this area 6 times and are going again next month. There is plenty for the kids to do, when we started going here my youngest was 1 and the oldest 5, now they are 14 and 18 and have never been bored.

as well as the traditional spanish restaurants there are plenty of bars serving good pub grub, Johnny's bar in the centr of the resort is fab for a good breakfast, the Oasis bar (on side street next to Playa Bella) is good for all meals and the Old Tavern is also good for food. There are plenty of sports bars, kareoke bars, music bars (mari Pins is a good one) and bars with bungee trampolines, go carts and bucking bronco's. There is even a skittle alley. You can catch up on the soaps as well as the bar called Peppers 2 shows them every evening.

With regard to accomodation, it all depends what you want and how much you want to pay. The best hotel in the area is call Seaview Country club in port des torrent (Thomas Cook/Airtours brochure) and is a 10 minute walk away from the resort in a quiet area. There is everything you could wish for here but it is a little bit out of the resort and is a little more expensive as it is a four star, it is also right next to a secluded beach cove. This is a Suncentre so there is entertainment and activities on all day/evening long. If you want something more central try Costa Sur/Sol Post complex (Thomsons/Skytours brochure) this is at the start of the resort at the better end of the resort, there is plenty of bars and shops etc round here. If you want cheap and cheerful then we would recommend Playa Bella apartments (Thomas Cook/Airtours brochure) this is very central and right on the beach front, the apartments are basic but adequate and the pool is a resonable size. Playabella is very central in resort and therefore surronded by bars/restaurants etc.

As others have said I would avoid the end of the resort heading towards San Antonio if you want to avoid the lager lout brigade. The Xaloc apartments and Nerida hotel are in this area.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.