Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I have stayed in both hotels, and i prefer San Miguel, but it all depends on what your looking for in your holiday!
:D hiya everyone ,
just looking to book the san mig or don toni for nxt year both good prices allthough one hb other aI and on thomsons am offered a dbl room for 4 or a twin room for 4,were 2 adults & 2 teenagers both 14 just wondered what the difference is,allso any help on the resort as we went to tanit this year hotel lovely but resort bit quiet,read reviews on san mig and few say resort quiet, is it as quiet as cala gracio where tanit is allso any other info about don toni how or san mig would be very grateful as can't decide between the 2 :roll:
many thanks izzy
Hi

We've been to playa d en bossa twice, stayed at palm beach and the don toni.

I'd go for the don toni. Looked at the san miguel but the thought of the resort being so quiet put me off as we do like to go for a walk sometimes in the evening.

Now go book....... :D (hark at me, I can't decide whether to book abroad next year or do a couple of holidays in England!!!)
Hi Izzy - just got back from our 6th visit to San Miguel - obviously we love it but the resort is very quiet with only a handful of bars and restaurants. It takes about ten minutes to walk round the resort but you can walk to another bay round the corner from San Miguel which has a small beach bar and will take about 15 minutes although it is a rough track and at night you may need a torch.

However in my view you will not get a better entertainment team anywhere else and they keep everyone amused from 11 in the morning until around 11.30 at night. At one of the evening shows Zorro, the main entertainer, asked how many people had been at the resort before and about 75% of the people put their hands up. I think this speaks for itself but as I said, it is a very small and quiet resort and there will be much more going on around the Don Toni if that is what you prefer
with fiesta hotels you can go to any other if you fancy.use pool ect.your not tied to one hotel.with having two 14 year old.they will love it in playa den bossa.lots to do in day and night...plus your in fiestaland-loads of sports.some free some you pay for...entertainment in most fiesta hotels start at 11am...a few breaks for lunch.and your off again.till dinner.then more from 8.30 pm till midnight....
Having been to both hotels I do prefer San Miguel, but I suppose each is to their own. It really does depend on what exactly you are looking for on your holiday. It is quiet, but my daughter has wanted to go since she was 13, and now she is 17 wants to go with her friend. If you are looking to be able to relax, not have to worry about your kids going off, good entertainment and a beautiful place then san miguel is deffinetley the right choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.