Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Dunno about the price of a boat trip but 3 pretty good beaches near San Antonio and easily accessible by bus are Cala Comte, Cala Bassa and Port Des Torrent.
thanks for your quick reply
if you go to the port in san an when you arrive you will see many offering boat trips to beaches around the island, not sure on the price though. Cala Bassa is closest but i prefer cala conta snorkling is good here.
Two 60 year olds thinking of going there in Sept for 2 weeks, is it still very busy then as we don't want to go clubbing (surprise, surprise) but want bars and resturants nearby. Looking for a beachfront apartment - anyone got any suggestions?

Katy
hi katy,

i usually go with my mate who is in her late 50's (im 25) and we love it this time of yr! still busy enough for a good night but also quiet enough to chill. the clubs have their closing parties in sept, so if your there at that time it can be fairly busy but most of the people will only be around the bars/pubs till they move onto the clubs.
a great place to stay in the bay is tagomago hotel, its B&B or Full Board right on the beach, traditional spanish hotel has superb staff, they are so friendly and you see the same clients yr after yr. this yr we got chatting with several groups all late 50's early 60's and some of them have been meeting up for 30 plus yrs! the evening meals could do with some improvment however its cheap enough to eat out and try the local restaurants. You are also within walking distance to the best bar in the bay Pink Panther you get all ages in here with all different entertainment going on quiz night every night, always a good giggle!
if you need any more help let me know
vikki x
there are quite a few boat trips from san antonio, a 3hr cruise around es Vedra will cost 18€ per person which is a nice trip.

Another one takes you around the coast past cala gracianetta for 11€ and thats a 2 hr cruise. there are several others which take you to different beaches such as cala bassa which cost around 8€ per person and leave on a hourly basis.

I was there last week and there were loads of trips on offer, theres even a sunset cruise ( but best avoided as its for 18-30 year olds getting drunk)

a pretty beach nearby is calas de moro, cala gracia and cala gracianetta, all within five minutes taxi ride or by a short boat/cruise jouney
i did the sunset cruise on friday just gone which was nice, theres the youth one on a friday and the family orientated one on the monday. I was on the youth one but even that was not rowdy, but some friends went on the monday and said it was lovely and peaceful as it takes you past the sunset strip and beaches and past cafe del mar and things. the water taxis take you to different beaches aswell, i went to cala bassa for the jet ski's and really liked the beach the waters lovely.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.