Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Looked on there but it doesnt really say much
Just found out that it is the caracol village by splash. What a dump. Hardly any good reviews. Staying well away from that one!!
Hello. I came across this website and noticed that you were looking for info about Sandos Caracol. Me, my husband and my 2 children ages 11 and 9 spent 2 weeks at this resort. We got a really good price and felt what the heck might as well check it out. We were very impressed with the service and the food. I should tell you though at the time we were there (Jan 14 - 30) they were just changing over the ownership of the hotel and some things were getting fixed or improved. The only complaint was that we were given an adjoining room. The couple in the next room from us were up at 6:00 am and we go to bed at 9:30 and kept banging on our door. Needless to say iwe only had to put up with that for one week. As far as the food goes, it was excellent. I was very pleased to see that all of the chefs had thermometers in their shirt pockets constantly checking the temperture of the food. My son is a very picky eater and he had no problem at all finding something good to eat. All in all we loved our experience at the Caracol and we are planning to book for January 2006 at this resort. I guess everyone has there own opinion but I thought I would share ours. E-mail me if you need any further info.

P.S. I think it is worth mentioning that we stayed at a 5 star in the Domincan Republic the year before and did not enjoy ourselves at all, the food was awful and the service was absoultely the worst.
I can only find very conflicting reviews on this hotel, has anyone been since it changed management and if so what is like now please?
Ellie
Hi Ellie

I've requested this hotel be added to our reviews section.

Until then, you can read some reviews HERE

Pippy :D
Thanks Pippy, I hope any that get added are good as it's coming in at a great price for next easter and we don't have to have 2 rooms which is a real bonus for me :D
Ellie
You're welcome Ellie :wink:

If any members have stayed at this hotel and would like to add a review, please do so HERE

Many Thanks.

Having difficulty finding reviews so if any of you guys and dolls have or have seen any reviews on the Sandos I would really appreciate your time, taking a late deal for easter and would like to know if anybody has had an experience of the place, :lol:
Hi

We've had this hotel listed in our reviews section since August.........no takers as yet :( Please, if anyone has stayed here, feel free to add your review! :tup

You can view the hotel's website HERE. *Edit. Link not currently working*

• Edited by Pippy 2006-08-07 05:29:15
I am going here in about 6 weeks time, any reviews would be most helpful... the ones I have read seem to be at opposites - extremely bad or extremely good... please help!!

I don't know how I found this site but I am compelled to answer! Here's the deal: we went in March right after re-opening and there were problems but we still had a blast. There were some room issues but I imagine they are ironed out now. Food is fine, typical all-inclusive fare. Beach is fine not that rocky so dont worry. Staff and bar....awesome. You will have a good time if you relax, tip the bartenders and have some cervezas. We went at the worst possible time right after reopening and a 18 hour flight delay and still had a great time, so if you are going you can to! We are going back next week as compensation due to the plane delay. Maybe see you there!
Hi Croz, welcome to HT! :wave

I'd be very grateful if you'd copy your review HERE as we currently have no reviews :(

Many thanks :tup

Thank you, 3 weeks today and counting!! :D
Three days and counting! I will be sure to post a review...
Well, I have been and now I have returned. :(

I thought the hotel was great myself and I am quite fussy! The food was delicious and there is a great selection every day - usually including chicken and beef/pork plus some seafoods too (no upset tummies at all!). The facilities were all open; the spa is lovely, I recommend the massage ha ha... the pool was fine although a little slippery some days, the beach is clean and beautiful, the staff are very friendly, happy to please and generally great, the rooms were lovely and spacious (although we were put in a block quite a way away from everything but the excercise was good and it was very peaceful). Any problem we had (and they were very minor things; fridge not stocked and problem with aircon) were fixed straight away.

We had a very bad thunder and lightning storm one evening about 5 days before we were due to return home whereby the whole site lost all power. I felt very sorry for the staff in the restaurants as they had no means to cook or keep food warm for 1000+ guests... they did though and we all had hot food (by way of small bunsen type heaters!). The power came back on a few hours later. The next day my parents woke to an awful smell in their room... we spoke to reception who changed their room straight away.

We could not praise the staff enough they are all so eager to please and the entertainment team were fabulous!!

If you are going here then I would say you have no worries whatsoever. I have a few pictures of the site if you PM me...

:bow :tup
Hi Pxxuk

Thanks for posting your review :wink:
I'd be grateful if you'd copy it HERE when you have time. Many thanks :tup

Thank you! Much appreciated :wink:

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.